I'm going to buy a record player................... (2 Viewers)

i haven't had one in years.. decades maybe. i have a handful of records left in a box in the attic. just the ones i didn't want to give away.

Don't fancy scrolling through 25 pages.

Can someone please recommend a good quality sturdy record player deck.
Even point me at a good priced second hand one or a model that's easily picked up

Thanks

Don't fancy scrolling through 25 pages.

Can someone please recommend a good quality sturdy record player deck.
Even point me at a good priced second hand one or a model that's easily picked up

Thanks

I’ve got an Audio-Technica ATLP120XUSB. It cost around €250. I’m very happy with it. I’m not an audiophile, I run it into my desktop computer speakers (which are decent for cheap ones, subwoofer and all). I’m not prepared to spend much more but I can always upgrade things if need be.

there's a rega planar 3 (with a glitchy tonearm admittedly) on adverts asking €160. i think this is about one fifth what they cost new?

there's a rega planar 3 (with a glitchy tonearm admittedly) on adverts asking €160. i think this is about one fifth what they cost new?
This is the old version, not the current in production one as far as I can see. I have the old Planar 2 (they’re called P2 and P3 now) and it’s great. Cloney Audio service them for cheap enough too.

I have and love that Audio Technica ATLP120 mentioned above. Think there's a few shops selling them in Dublin.

I'm the Rega is great but I'm not a fan who buying broken gear that could be a rabbit hole of repairs. No expert on turntables though.

I still have the Rega RP1 I bought in 2013.
Actually the whole system is the same since 2013.

Rega RP1
Marantz PM5004 amp,
Marantz CD6004 cd player
2 Q-acoustics 2020i speakers.

Last edited:
Is there a difference between having the needle stay more or less in the same place and the record turning beneath it and keeping the record still and dragging the needle around the record? The latter just feels like a bad idea, like it won't work properly and will destroy the records. I suppose this thing is for people who won't care about that anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back