I'm going to buy a record player................... (1 Viewer)

Preamp tubes shouldn't have to be replaced. Like I'm using 50 year old preamp valves in my gigging amps. Unless another part fails and takes one out I'll be using them forever.

I suspect a phono preamp may be essential the amp should read an electronic signal and not the needle directly. What do you think of this stuff @moose ?
LESAHiFi
Since you know about electronics I haven't a clue but the kits mostly just need a box to be put into ? You needn't bother answer if it's too sunny out.

I suspect a phono preamp may be essential the amp should read an electronic signal and not the needle directly. What do you think of this stuff @moose ?
LESAHiFi
Since you know about electronics I haven't a clue but the kits mostly just need a box to be put into ? You needn't bother answer if it's too sunny out.

you'd need (at least one) transformers as well I'd imagine?

LESAHiFi

You need both a preamp (one for phono is essential for a record player) and a power amp. Looks like with those kits you'd need two of the power amp modules for stereo plus your preamp. The kits don't look to include transformers but the description explains what extra stuff is needed. I think some need a power supply module too. I've never been too interested in valves for home stereo use so couldn't comment on quality.

I'm thinking of buying some banana plugs, but I'm not sure they will fit

42E9as7NaTaAi4A6JcuFwG-1200-80.jpg

I was going to order the new green lung there on bandcamp. €30 for the LP (on glow in the dark green vinyl) and €15 for delivery. Yeah, no.

I thought “if I start buying vinyl again it’ll motivate me to buy that record player!”

Nope.

Saw this for €45 in golden discs today. Reckon it's any use?

Looks like a yellow pack version of this, which I would recommend

A lot of the cost is also in the cleaning fluid. The Spin Cycle has been around since the 70s and is reknowned. The fluid works. Who knows with the knock-off?

I was going to order the new green lung there on bandcamp. €30 for the LP (on glow in the dark green vinyl) and €15 for delivery. Yeah, no.

Sentinel Records usually get Svart stuff in, bit cheaper than ordering online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back