I'm going to buy a record player................... (4 Viewers)

The banana plugs I got do not fit fully into the speaker as seen in the photo here. I presume this is a big No??
At this stage I’m just thinking of forgetting about using the banana plug altogether.
View attachment 14063

I'm presuming you know about this shite - i didn't, and it took me a while to figure it out

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm presuming you know about this shite - i didn't, and it took me a while to figure it out

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cheers Pete. Yeah, only recently realised that myself to be honest. They fit fine into the back of my amp

I wouldn't be without a CD player. Its a great format IMHO, much maligned. When mastered right they can sound as good as any record, with none of the hassle.

Yup I've been buying alot more CDs recently, mainly because 1) they are so much cheaper the records right now 2) postage is generally pretty reasonable (so many records on Bandcamp end up being like 35 quid incl postage- fuck that) and 3) I find vinyl completely unsuited to longer, non song-based pieces of music that could really do without interruption every 15 minutes. Also getting back into cassettes quite a bit- with a good machine they sound great...

My new record player is arriving tomorrow :love:
Rega p3. I kinda slightly regret going for the white one instead of the black now but it'll be grand
View attachment 14118
Oh my, that looks lovely. Where'd you get it, how much?
My old Project isn't *quite* right at the moment, weighing up an expensive service against a new deck...

I sold my project for €70

And it has turned out perfectly fine too Moose. Loving spinning albums I had neglected for years the last few weeks

Same for myself. My old record player sounded so shitty so it's nice to hear all the records Id bought over the last few years properly. Plus I have more time to now because of working from home

White Rego looks lovely. I have a black one .. prefer the white I think

My new record player is arriving tomorrow :love:
It comes with a handy little cartridge alignment protractor . You put the needle on the cross and peer through the two horizontal gaps on the top of the needle thing to check if things are aligned with the horizontal lines on the card but unfortunately the cartridge itself blocks you from seeing if it is ok or not.
1595514627167.png
Also its kinda hard to get horizontal because it has only three feet - two at the front and one at the back so if you need any side to side adjustment at the back you can't do it.
I think I need to get a new one.

wow, that must be as minimal as it gets. 'utilitarian' doesn't even come close.

Edit: anyone hazard a guess at how much the components cost ?

''Anyone who says vinyl is better than a CD is a muppet.
That said, here's the opening of Sgt Pepper - the best goddamned record of all time..."
LOL

Cheers Pete. Yeah, only recently realised that myself to be honest. They fit fine into the back of my amp

remember watching this a few years ago too - tech moan is cool (see video at top of this page)

also without thumped-sters and you tube i would not have -

- got the stylus arm balanced,
- realised you need to give the banana plugs a good shove in ( it will go in and it won't break the speaker)
- and you need to turn the pre-amp switch 'ON ' on an Audio Technica (a Technics copy) which
is almost underneath the back of the turntable and it's easy to miss.

wow, that must be as minimal as it gets. 'utilitarian' doesn't even come close.

Edit: anyone hazard a guess at how much the components cost ?

''Anyone who says vinyl is better than a CD is a muppet.
That said, here's the opening of Sgt Pepper - the best goddamned record of all time..."
LOL
i'm almost tempted... almost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back