I'm going to buy a record player................... (2 Viewers)

hydromancer

Preamp tubes shouldn't have to be replaced. Like I'm using 50 year old preamp valves in my gigging amps. Unless another part fails and takes one out I'll be using them forever.

I suspect a phono preamp may be essential the amp should read an electronic signal and not the needle directly. What do you think of this stuff @moose ?
LESAHiFi
Since you know about electronics I haven't a clue but the kits mostly just need a box to be put into ? You needn't bother answer if it's too sunny out.

JohnnyRaz

I suspect a phono preamp may be essential the amp should read an electronic signal and not the needle directly. What do you think of this stuff @moose ?
LESAHiFi
Since you know about electronics I haven't a clue but the kits mostly just need a box to be put into ? You needn't bother answer if it's too sunny out.

you'd need (at least one) transformers as well I'd imagine?

moose

Be kind.
Supporter
Website
www.moosetwentythree.com
LESAHiFi

You need both a preamp (one for phono is essential for a record player) and a power amp. Looks like with those kits you'd need two of the power amp modules for stereo plus your preamp. The kits don't look to include transformers but the description explains what extra stuff is needed. I think some need a power supply module too. I've never been too interested in valves for home stereo use so couldn't comment on quality.

prefuse

I'm thinking of buying some banana plugs, but I'm not sure they will fit

42E9as7NaTaAi4A6JcuFwG-1200-80.jpg

thumped

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
I was going to order the new green lung there on bandcamp. €30 for the LP (on glow in the dark green vinyl) and €15 for delivery. Yeah, no.

Benny Cake

Supporter
Solutions
Saw this for €45 in golden discs today. Reckon it's any use?

Looks like a yellow pack version of this, which I would recommend

Benny Cake

Supporter
Solutions
A lot of the cost is also in the cleaning fluid. The Spin Cycle has been around since the 70s and is reknowned. The fluid works. Who knows with the knock-off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads