I'm going to buy a record player................... (2 Viewers)

Unicron

Supporter
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
Y'know when you get a new record, often for some reason on fancy not-black vinyl, and the hole is badly cut so that the record moves slower than it should? Whats the best practice way of cleaning out the swarf in the hole so that it spins properly?

dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
Having an issue with my Project turntable. There's something *slightly* off with the belt or motor. When it's a noisy punker record it makes no odds, but anything with clear ringy tones or a piano or something, you can hear the slightest.....slur or wobble.

It's so minor I'm not even sure I'm hearing it half the time, but I bought some turntable grease and it did improve things. Still there though. Before spending a fortune getting it sent off for repair, anyone had this before and any tips?

Benny Cake

Supporter
Solutions
Having an issue with my Project turntable. There's something *slightly* off with the belt or motor. When it's a noisy punker record it makes no odds, but anything with clear ringy tones or a piano or something, you can hear the slightest.....slur or wobble.

It's so minor I'm not even sure I'm hearing it half the time, but I bought some turntable grease and it did improve things. Still there though. Before spending a fortune getting it sent off for repair, anyone had this before and any tips?
Sounds likes sibilance, which could be a number of things. Has the tracking force shifted (the counterweight at the back of the arm)?

Users who are viewing this thread

We're listening to...

• WFLYTD NIGHTCORE
    5W3375W3375W337L1K3BUBBL36UM
    six impala
    WFLYTD NIGHTCORE

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads