I'm cyberbullying Mundy (2 Viewers)

It only exists to embarrass the guy because of some undisclosed beef the original poster has with Mundy.

If you look at the other record store video of his on vimeo, it includes Mundy coming across rather well.

I stand by my original statement, the guy who cut the video is an arse.

did he do a cover or whats the story there?

Steve Earle wrote Galway Girl, Mundy and Sharon Shannon covered it a few years ago and I'm fairly certain it was the most played single on Irish radio (or at least the most played Irish single on Irish radio) in whatever calender year it was.

When Ireland won the 6 nations grand slam in Cardiff the stadium announcer had obviously asked someone what an appropriate song would be to soundtrack the lap of honour in the event of an Irish victory, someone must have told them the title, but they played Earle's version of it.

I know him and he's sound...etc.

Seriously, Mundy is grand. I'm on board with the maker of the video is an arse thing. People would get tonnes of footage of any of us pulling our jox up from any one of our gigs, but they'd be a dickhead to edit it all together and put it on thumped with mean spirited intentions (and a little strange to boot).

How is this different to something like brasseye? It's taking a well known person, and through the use of footage and editing creates a parody of that person for comedic value, not for vindictive reasons. The video works because Mundy is a well known character and people have preconceptions about him based on what they've heard or read about him. The video wouldn't work if it was some unknown musician. Lampooning celebrities or well known people has been around for centuries. I'm not saying you have to like it or find it funny as we all have a different sense of humour, but just dont get your spines in a twist over it.

How is this different to something like brasseye? It's taking a well known person, and through the use of footage and editing creates a parody of that person for comedic value, not for vindictive reasons. The video works because Mundy is a well known character and people have preconceptions about him based on what they've heard or read about him. The video wouldn't work if it was some unknown musician. Lampooning celebrities or well known people has been around for centuries. I'm not saying you have to like it or find it funny as we all have a different sense of humour, but just dont get your spines in a twist over it.

Its about as far away from brass eye as you can get tbh, the whole thing come's across as just having a cheap shot at Mundy

Cheap shot? I really don't understand this. It's a harmless video. It's funny.. Asking people to put make up on their faces to mimic his onstage persona and album cover? I'm sorry, but that's funny. Forgetting the lyrics to your own song is funny too. If you think that's a cheap shot then you really need thicker skin. I think the video is funny because Mundy is successful and well known. If it was just some guy who was starting out then yeah, I would totally agree with you. But as Mundy as somewhat of celebrity status in Ireland I think he's fair game. I seem to remember people laughing their heads off when those Amanda Brunker videos from oxegen surfaced. Hmmmm, double standards.

On a slightly related note, Stewart Lee ended his last show tour with a version of Galway Girl

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He felt that Bulmers had stolen the song he loved (which reminded him of his wife who was from Galway) so he wanted to claim it back whilst making a point about "selling out to the man"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back