IKEA is bad news for Dublin...apparently. (1 Viewer)

I posted something but Kirstie had already posted it and then i remembered something I was meant to do but hadn't done...

apparently they're redeveloping their stores. I dunno, I never bought anything from them on account of how it was all wildly overpriced.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
I think they are out of business. friend of mine had probs with a couch he bought there.

we bought two of their 1 euro cups of coffee where you get to keep the mug

not sure if it was worth the journey.

and ikea may not be bad news for dublin, but its certainly bad news for my wallet!! ho ho! jings

From my recent furniture buying I reckon it's an easy enough business. You don't have any real selling to do, you just display the stuff. If someone likes it, you get the factory to deliver it to them. Once you know which factories are around and get a good distributor, you basically make your cut by having floor space.

Incidentally could I recommend the Dublin Furniture Centre on capel St. I got a (solid oak - yummy) table and chairs from them - they delivered it pronto and when there were tiny probs with a couple of chairs, they took them back on the basis of our word alone and ordered replacements immediately. best customer service experience I've had in the whole house hunting thing.

I'd love to give Joe Duffy a grilling on Joe Duffy. Fuckin hate that cunt.

Is it the flatpackireland thing or the deliveries from Braehead what be getting slagged??

ah they should just think of then fun they'll have putting it all together when it arrives. Ho ho.

0-20 century Furniture? Deadly stuff though. And ugh...2CoolDesign. Worst shop name ever, but they stock Marimekko stuff and so Are Alright By Me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back