If I owned a pub I would... (1 Viewer)

I already gave my notice at work. eek!

eSX5q.gif

Shower got that all covered. I've Benin taking notes for the last year. I have had a drink in every pub with in 20km of the place. I know the market I am catering for and what would be cool but probably wouldn't work. I know my hidden market and have to slowly tap into it. Join tidy towns and remember every name! Mass is only Saturday nights so I'll be working.

No better place to live in Ireland than the country, especially a small village. Youll know every single person and everyone will know you. They'll also love you and respect you because you'll wield so much power. You'll be the cause and solution to most of their problems.

Shower got that all covered. I've Benin taking notes for the last year. I have had a drink in every pub with in 20km of the place. I know the market I am catering for and what would be cool but probably wouldn't work. I know my hidden market and have to slowly tap into it. Join tidy towns and remember every name! Mass is only Saturday nights so I'll be working.
just spaeking from one yank in the country to another. :)

scampi fries and bacon fries a yes. craft beers go off in the country.
Also, don't take it personally if youre still called a 'blow in' after 12 years and taken a pub that was sold because a lack of business, and turned it into a successful venture.
Also, my locals Sky Box is about e750 a month if you want Setanta and all that shite, or so I was told earlier this week. The Racing channels are your best bet. Talk to your most local bookie and make arrangements to take bets from the bar. "Hello...JillHives1372, a fiver e/w at the 2:40 in Fairyhouse, thanks, bye".
Also, a camera over the till. Turn, foot and transport your own turf. You'll save a fortune. Throw it into a stove that feeds the rads. Open fire is lovely, but 80% of it goes up the chimney.
Get used to republican ballad music. Start going to mass next door. Make sure your doors and curtains are closed during funerals.
+1 on the 'Got Wood' Tshirts.
cater for christenings, funerals and weddings, even if its only for a drink before or after.
Get to know your local hackneys, or get your license so you can drive your best customers home after closing.
Be your customers best friends. Flirt with them, and know that they've got your back should things kick off.
Be part of the community. Charity events etc.
Get to know your local trad musos.
Drinks promotions.

This is the best advice ever and proof that I need to get the fuck away from this godawful country I love and hate simultaneously

This is the best advice ever and proof that I need to get the fuck away from this godawful country I love and hate simultaneously
I probably spend too much time in my local. That said, because I don't go to mass or to GAA, and don't have a job, or any other interests, I'd probably just sit at home like toff 24/7. I feel like I do my dooty to mah community by contributing to the local economy.

Open up a pizza joint next door and put a door through and let people eat pizza while having a pint.

Jar of pickled eggs.

Do actual decent drinks promotions.

Schtick on a DVD on the quiet nights of a week.

get some decent deal on cans after hours going.

i was going to a funeral once and went into a pub for directions. the barmaid was a ride, i probably should have asked her out. so eh, yeah, cleavage. i'll be back there for no good reason.

the guy who runs the local near me says that if the music is above 'strain to talk' level then people leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back