If I buy a phone from the US that says it is GSM+CDMA / 4G LTE Compatible does that mean it'll work grand here? (1 Viewer)

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
If I buy a phone from the US that says it is GSM+CDMA / 4G LTE Compatible does that mean it'll work grand here? As far as I understand it we use GSM here.
I know I'd need an adapter to plug it in with the the standard charger but what about usb charging? Is that the same everywhere?
Thanks

If I buy a phone from the US that says it is GSM+CDMA / 4G LTE Compatible does that mean it'll work grand here? As far as I understand it we use GSM here.
I know I'd need an adapter to plug it in with the the standard charger but what about usb charging? Is that the same everywhere?
Thanks

I'm not very well informed about phones... buut, I brought a fairly recent LTE type iphone from the US to Ireland a short while ago, and there were no issues with it working there. Like, the carrier was different, but technically the phone seemed fine. I think if it's 4G LTE it should work? Some US vendors put software on the phone to lock it to one specific network, you'd have to nuke that if it exists.

The USB charging is definitely not a problem.

Thanks lads. I dont want that phone anymore anyway. Stupid phone manufacturers making variants of the same phone that have almost identical code-like strings of numbers and letters to distinguish them from each other. That's why it was half the normal price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back