Idea for a new Thumped Film Club (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 27
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 2

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
I had an idea just there..hear me out.

Ok..so I watch all my movies on streaming sites.Its great, everything is on there.
I'm planning on rewatching all the video nasties,but those things are best watched with a few mates.
Next best thing..pick a movie..and a few of us watch it with a chatroom going..cos they can get a bit boring at points.So...I don't have to spell it out.

Few cans and snacks...all hit play together..loads of piss taking..profit.

Just thought of it..might need some finesseing.Be ideal recreation for a Thursday night..or a Sunday afternoon.

Dosent have to be video nasties..but I am partial to some exploitation movies..and also the original Frankenstein flicks..which I'm gonna watch soon in order.Havent seen The Ghost Of Frankenstein..sounds pretty wild

I vote for this one first

turkey_shoot.jpg

Havent sen it since it was out on pirate VHS..but I remember it being AWFUL..and briiliant!

Look at this other poster for it

blood-camp-thatchercover.jpg

There we go!

All we need is a few subscribers and the thing will fly!

Have a different curator each time...that'll streamline the selection process

I'd say have a thread for each film..but it needs to be realtime texting..plus..I imagine the shit said will be unprintable in the public domain..with any luck

Last edited:
Thats three of us so!

I think even with three it will work..thats enough to bounce gags off..but the more the merrier.I think about 10 members would be the ideal amount..or else it'll just get stupid.But I dunno.I havent thought it out...the idea is fresh out of the egg.

Theres SO MANY movies out there..and some of them..frankly I watch with a few social tabs open cos they suck a bit in parts..I think everyone does this.

Technology has caught up finally to allow this idea to work.

Thats 4 members of the new improved Thumped Film Club

I think this might just go

Further thoughts..we say movie time is 9.15 for an evening screening..with a reminder to hit up the stream at 9 and give it 15 mins to buffer.And that'll be plenty time to get a beer,get the kids to bed and some cheezey snacks and get the shoes off.And 15 mins buffer will mean even those of us on jurrasic connections can watch uninterrupted

I'll set up the disposable chatroom at 9 and post a link to it just before showtime!

Also..membership can't be open ended..its not Twitter.
We wanna get some running gags going...

Last edited:
I saw Turkey Shoot in the Cinema on the Quays when I was a teen. Love that film, big fan of Brian Trenchard Smith (though I have yet to see BMX Bandits).

Some of the Nasties are pretty unwatchable - Forest of Fear (why was that ever banned) and the Andy Milligan one. I thing there is one or 2 I haven't seen (Expose).

Im thinking this Thursday night to kick things off.

Thursday...showtime..9.15

Might be best to wait til after Christmas, I'd say organising anything around this time will be a nightmare!

So are we limiting it to the video nasties list or general video nasties?

Edit: I'd quite like to see The Bogey Man, haven't seen that one.

Well, Turkey Shoot isn't on the banned list. I'm pretty sure that got a legit video release in the 80s with a few cuts. I think it's probably more interesting to keep it open to anything that's weird and entertaining.

A friend of mine sold me on Jodorowsky's Holy Mountain by asking "Do you want to see the craziest movie you will ever see?"
That's probably a good ethos for choosing a film

Bogeyman is an excellent choice though. That film is 100% crazy, with an excellent score.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back