ICN...art or just visual piss? (1 Viewer)

Burgerbarbaby

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
www.facebook.com
Here's one for you: Who are these people?

If you haven't noticed "ICN" sprayed all over Dublin, in eye-catching purple or dayglo yellow, well take a look around when you're walking around town next....it's EVERYWHERE. It's in all the places your gaze rests when you're not looking at anything in particular, usually accompanied by a signature. "Grift" is the only one I can remember right now, but there are a few more.

Ok, my thread, my opinion:These people are morons.
Don't get me wrong, a good tag is a thing of beauty and a joy forever (at least until the wall gets demolished), for instance Berlin or New York or Paris has loads of them, often beautiful, subversive, creative.

But these ICN people...why do they do it? Even their lame attempt at a full-on tag (on a shutter on that street connecting George's street with Golden Lane) is just...LAME. They make the city uglier, to me it's like a bunch of dogs pissing on lamp-posts to mark their territory, but a whole lot less effective.

I would be really interested to know what people think about this stuff, if anyone has even noticed it.

Yours faithfully,

BBB

P.S.: Inner City Niggaz? I Create Nothing?

P.P.S. please excuse the earnestness of this thread, it's early. BBB

but you are talking about it so it must be art.

ICN.jpg

Burgerbarbaby said:
Here's one for you: Who are these people?

If you haven't noticed "ICN" sprayed all over Dublin, in eye-catching purple or dayglo yellow, well take a look around when you're walking around town next....it's EVERYWHERE. It's in all the places your gaze rests when you're not looking at anything in particular, usually accompanied by a signature. "Grift" is the only one I can remember right now, but there are a few more.

Ok, my thread, my opinion:These people are morons.
Don't get me wrong, a good tag is a thing of beauty and a joy forever (at least until the wall gets demolished), for instance Berlin or New York or Paris has loads of them, often beautiful, subversive, creative.

But these ICN people...why do they do it? Even their lame attempt at a full-on tag (on a shutter on that street connecting George's street with Golden Lane) is just...LAME. They make the city uglier, to me it's like a bunch of dogs pissing on lamp-posts to mark their territory, but a whole lot less effective.

I would be really interested to know what people think about this stuff, if anyone has even noticed it.

Yours faithfully,

BBB

P.S.: Inner City Niggaz? I Create Nothing?

P.P.S. please excuse the earnestness of this thread, it's early. BBB
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=RNWE,RNWE:2005-39,RNWE:en&q=define%3Avandalism

potlatch said:
Fuggin' hell. Hehehe. Them morons. What are they up to these days?

The male defastenists are currently giving classes in frock-hemming and dress- making. The female defastenists are still trying to climb up some pole somewhere.

HitsLikeAGirl said:
The male defastenists are currently giving classes in frock-hemming and dress- making. The female defastenists are still trying to climb up some pole somewhere.

dedataentryists

That was freaking me out too. ICN and UEK. Maybe they're the same person. I don't care that it's there - it's a lot better than a load of ads for Guinness or Vodafone - but I'd like to know what they stand for. Anybody?

Al Katraz said:
That was freaking me out too. ICN and UEK. Maybe they're the same person. I don't care that it's there - it's a lot better than a load of ads for Guinness or Vodafone - but I'd like to know what they stand for. Anybody?

Well, ICN stands for Guinness and UEK stands for Vodafone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back