ICN...art or just visual piss? (1 Viewer)

Burgerbarbaby

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Here's one for you: Who are these people?

If you haven't noticed "ICN" sprayed all over Dublin, in eye-catching purple or dayglo yellow, well take a look around when you're walking around town next....it's EVERYWHERE. It's in all the places your gaze rests when you're not looking at anything in particular, usually accompanied by a signature. "Grift" is the only one I can remember right now, but there are a few more.

Ok, my thread, my opinion:These people are morons.
Don't get me wrong, a good tag is a thing of beauty and a joy forever (at least until the wall gets demolished), for instance Berlin or New York or Paris has loads of them, often beautiful, subversive, creative.

But these ICN people...why do they do it? Even their lame attempt at a full-on tag (on a shutter on that street connecting George's street with Golden Lane) is just...LAME. They make the city uglier, to me it's like a bunch of dogs pissing on lamp-posts to mark their territory, but a whole lot less effective.

I would be really interested to know what people think about this stuff, if anyone has even noticed it.

Yours faithfully,

BBB

P.S.: Inner City Niggaz? I Create Nothing?

P.P.S. please excuse the earnestness of this thread, it's early. BBB

ICUH8N

Threads
They're just biting reson's style. Late 90s reprazent.

*eyeroll

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com
Burgerbarbaby said:
Here's one for you: Who are these people?

If you haven't noticed "ICN" sprayed all over Dublin, in eye-catching purple or dayglo yellow, well take a look around when you're walking around town next....it's EVERYWHERE. It's in all the places your gaze rests when you're not looking at anything in particular, usually accompanied by a signature. "Grift" is the only one I can remember right now, but there are a few more.

Ok, my thread, my opinion:These people are morons.
Don't get me wrong, a good tag is a thing of beauty and a joy forever (at least until the wall gets demolished), for instance Berlin or New York or Paris has loads of them, often beautiful, subversive, creative.

But these ICN people...why do they do it? Even their lame attempt at a full-on tag (on a shutter on that street connecting George's street with Golden Lane) is just...LAME. They make the city uglier, to me it's like a bunch of dogs pissing on lamp-posts to mark their territory, but a whole lot less effective.

I would be really interested to know what people think about this stuff, if anyone has even noticed it.

Yours faithfully,

BBB

P.S.: Inner City Niggaz? I Create Nothing?

P.P.S. please excuse the earnestness of this thread, it's early. BBB
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=RNWE,RNWE:2005-39,RNWE:en&q=define%3Avandalism

Corey

Threads
potlatch said:
Fuggin' hell. Hehehe. Them morons. What are they up to these days?
The male defastenists are currently giving classes in frock-hemming and dress- making. The female defastenists are still trying to climb up some pole somewhere.

billygannon

Contributor
Threads
HitsLikeAGirl said:
The male defastenists are currently giving classes in frock-hemming and dress- making. The female defastenists are still trying to climb up some pole somewhere.
dedataentryists

Al Katraz

Threads
That was freaking me out too. ICN and UEK. Maybe they're the same person. I don't care that it's there - it's a lot better than a load of ads for Guinness or Vodafone - but I'd like to know what they stand for. Anybody?

billygannon

Contributor
Threads
Al Katraz said:
That was freaking me out too. ICN and UEK. Maybe they're the same person. I don't care that it's there - it's a lot better than a load of ads for Guinness or Vodafone - but I'd like to know what they stand for. Anybody?
Well, ICN stands for Guinness and UEK stands for Vodafone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Stranger in the Alps
    Motion Sickness
    Phoebe Bridgers
    Stranger in the Alps

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads