ICE CUBE gig on Sunday week - tracklisting from recent show has all the classics (1 Viewer)

Deaglan

Website
www.goodluckski.com
Prepare for a once in a lifetime night of hip-hop’s finest tracks from the last quarter century. Godfather of rap ICE CUBE plays classics from his 25 year career Sunday week 19th April at Tripod.

Check out this recent live set list from Ice Cube’s tour, including mega-hits from his N.W.A. days:

Click, Clack - Get Back!
Natural Born Killaz
Why We Thugs
Smoke Some Weed
Check Yo’self (The Message Remix)
Bow Down
Gangstas Make The World Go Round
Gangsta Nation
West Coast Voodoo (WC)
Nigga Ya Love To Hate
Straight Outta Compton
Gangsta Gangsta
You Can Do It
It Was A Good Day
Bop Gun (One Nation)
Do Ya Thang
We Be Clubbin’
Go To Church

Support on the night comes from Dublin rapper OPHELIA and DJ Frank Jez.

Pod Concerts is proud to present the godfather of gangsta rap, playing his first show in Ireland for 15 years.

Living legend Ice Cube returns to Dublin after a decade and a half, touring his incendiary latest album Raw Footage. His 60 minute show will feature all the classic songs from his 25 year career, including tracks from his time with genitors of hip-hop N.W.A.

Released in August of last year, Raw Footage has been hailed as some of the best material since Amerikkka’s Most Wanted from the pioneer of west coast rap.

Politically charged and artistically cutting-edge, the album features guests such as Musiq Soul Child, Nas, Scarface and Dub C. It debuted at number one on the Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart and Top Rap Albums Chart, and at number five on the Billboard 200 chart.

POD Concerts presents

ICE CUBE

Sunday April 19th

Tripod – Harcourt St – Dublin 2.
Doors – 7:30pm

Tickets €42.50/48.50 (inc. booking fee) available from Ticketmaster, City Discs, Sound Cellar and usual outlets. www.ticketmaster.ie
www.icecube.com
www.myspace.com/icecube

Praise for Raw Footage:

Cube spits some of his sharpest rhymes in years (Rolling Stone)

This is Cube's strongest performance musically and lyrically in many many years (Rapreviews.com)

Arguably his best work contextually since Death Certificate itself…celebrates the triumphs of an OG returning to protect a legacy—both his and his culture's (Vibe)

His rhymes are wittier and more tightly coiled than most of his younger peers (Boston Globe)

The impassioned delivery and stripped-down G-funk grooves are still more potent than plenty of efforts by rappers half Cube's age (Billboard)

About Ice Cube:

Known to be one of the Most Important figures in rap history, Ice Cube began his career with the Notorious West Coast Gangsta Rap Group N.W.A two decades ago. At the height of the group’s success, Ice Cube broke away to start his own solo career. His initial release, “Amerikkka's Most Wanted” (Priority, 1990) sold over a million copies. His sophomore solo effort, "Death Certificate" (Priority, 1991), a concept album about the fall and rise of the black man, debuted at #1 on the R&B Album chart, #2 on the Top 200 album chart and went on to sell over two million copies. His impressive musical career also includes the multi-platinum success of both his double album “War and Peace,” and hit albums “Lethal Injection,” “Bootlegs & B-Sides,” “The Predator,” and the gold certified, independently released “Laugh Now, Cry Later.” Ice Cube has sold over 10 million albums to date.

Following a triumphant return to the mic after 6 years in 2006 with the critically acclaimed release of Laugh Now, Cry Later, which debuted at #2 on the R&B/Hip Hop sales chart and #4 on the Top 200 sales chart, making it the years highest selling independent release in hip hop, the Godfather of Gangsta Rap, Ice Cube is ready to take center stage once again with his ninth solo effort. The highly anticipated new album, entitled Raw Footage was released on August 19th courtesy of his own independent imprint, Lench Mob Records.

Raw Footage includes guest features by artists such as Musiq Soulchild, Nas, Scarface and Dub C. The hip hop legend also collaborated with producers Maestro, Emile, DJ Crazy Toones, Fred Wreck, Palumbo
Beats, and Teak “Da Beatsmith” Underdue and Dee Underdue to name a few.

it's 15 years since he played dalymount?? man, that makes me feel old... deffo the best rap show Ive ever seen

it's 15 years since he played dalymount?? man, that makes me feel old... deffo the best rap show Ive ever seen

party over here...fuck you over there? :)

cube was unreal that day in dalymount.

chigidy check yourself before you wreck yourself! man, what a show! respect declan, fuckin awesome. its left me itching to do a drive by

what was the commotion outside afterwards? was waiting at the luas stop after the casiotone gig and there were loads of sirens and a few police cars pulled up

lol i actually forgot i even seen him till i seen this post...what was the name of that festival again...was a day long thing wasnt it?? ha ha f you, ice cube, f you ice cube ha ha all coming back to me now!!

lol i actually forgot i even seen him till i seen this post...what was the name of that festival again...was a day long thing wasnt it?? ha ha f you, ice cube, f you ice cube ha ha all coming back to me now!!
Sunstroke 94 - RHCP, Therapy?, Ice Cube, Helmet, Frank Black, Scheer and (ahem) My Little Funhouse.

thats the one, was a brilliiant day, chillies headlined wasnt it....what happened that festival, think it only happened the followin yr or two and that was it then...that was the first festival i was ever at, cant beleive it was 15yrs ago

chigidy check yourself before you wreck yourself! man, what a show! respect declan, fuckin awesome. its left me itching to do a drive by

great show alright...coulda done without him disappearing for 10 mins midway through though!

what was the commotion outside afterwards? was waiting at the luas stop after the casiotone gig and there were loads of sirens and a few police cars pulled up

as we were leaving i saw some fella right across from the venue doors getting the head pucked off him and a female garda saving him...then two cop cars with sirens wailing flew past us as we headed away from the venue but i dunno were they responding to the scuffle we saw...the speeds they were driving at seemed a bit excessive for that.

Did the Rubber Bandits perform at this?
I aint sure, are they dublin band with female vocalist/rapper? I really liked the support. the whole gig reminded me how great a venue tripod is, sound was awesome

I aint sure, are they dublin band with female vocalist/rapper? I really liked the support. the whole gig reminded me how great a venue tripod is, sound was awesome

Main support was OPHELIA - the lass done well. http://www.myspace.com/opheliamc

Rubberbandits guested with her for one track - worked very well indeed, i hadnt seem them before

Fair play to Ice Cube - shows came in at well over 90 minutes i think, and he gave it dixie throughout - i've been to enough hiphop gigs where the act just takes the money and runs

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back