Ibrahimovic vs. Ireland (1 Viewer)

this must be the first competitive one so. I don't pay attention any more. When i do i hear things like "Foley" and "McShane" and "Green" and "Keogh" and i feel sick.

well since foley's self-imposed exile he won't be in there. i do agree with you and the other 3 though.

any word when the squad is being announced?

In the euros They were unlucky against England, poor against Ukraine and good against France They scored 4 times against Germany away. They've been workman like against the Khazaks and poor against the Faroes Thay're an average side. We are going to get a hidihn because we are so very very far below average that it's disgraceful. If we had Dunne, Coleman, Reid, Gibson, McCarthy, Hoolihan, McClean and Long

( I realise that's not a whole team but when they've been fit/on form these have been the best Irish players I've seen this season, obviously except Dunne who at this stage is there because he's Richard fucking Dunne. To be fair Whelan should be on that list too, he's by far and away Stokes best player but he plays for Stoke so he's out in my book.)

all playing regularly in a system that actually suited those players i.e passing the fucking ball to each others feet and allowing Long to get into space around the box then we could risk playing the likes of O Dea or O Shea and we'd still have a chance. Won't happen. 2-0 to Sweden with 61% possession and we manage 1 shot on target.

due to another one of trapp's fuck ups i cant see reid ever wanting to come out of international retirement, which is a pity as he is the only PL rb we have - apart from the ousted kelly. i hope coleman gets the nod ahead of mcshane.

Reid was making noises about being willing to come back into the squad for the euros if he was selected wasn't he? So whatever about the falling out he had with Trap he's certainly been prepared to put it behind it when it suited him.

what are the thoughts on doyle being left out of the 23 man squad for the double header? how sammon can leap (sorry) ahead of him after a poor debut is beyond me. i'd rather have long and walters up front, or long on his own, so as to facilitate hoolahan in a 5 man midfield. but having the experience of dolye can only be seen as a benefit.

strange how kelly is back in after the recent outburst but no gibson as he played at the wkend. glad o'brien and pearce at least made the back up list, albeit meaning mcshane made it yet again??!. happy wilson is back in there too. pith pilkington is injured again.

what are the thoughts on doyle being left out of the 23 man squad for the double header? how sammon can leap (sorry) ahead of him after a poor debut is beyond me. i'd rather have long and walters up front, or long on his own, so as to facilitate hoolahan in a 5 man midfield. but having the experience of dolye can only be seen as a benefit.

strange how kelly is back in after the recent outburst but no gibson as he played at the wkend. glad o'brien and pearce at least made the back up list, albeit meaning mcshane made it yet again??!. happy wilson is back in there too. pith pilkington is injured again.

Doyle is having a shit season at a club who are about to be relegated from the championship if Trap actually went to games you'd imagine he'd be dropped on that basis. But since it's trap were talking about who knows what's going on. Walters is probably better at playing off the front man than Doyle, if that's the plan but who knows if there is a fucking plan. Long should start regardless. But he probably won't

God I hate international weeks. It's like going in to an exam where you didn't study.

Ireland starting lineup for tomorrow:
Code:
           Forde
Coleman  Clark  O'Shea  Wilson
Brady   Green   Whelan   McClean
        Keane   Long

The Green/Whelan dynamic duo in the middle that we were fearing.. Well, it's your funeral, Trap.
Besides that, it's the best we can do, I think. Not really sold on Forde but Westwood hasn't played a game in how many months at this stage. I think our only hope in this game is hitting them down the wings, need Brady and McClean to have big games.

McClean isn't going to have a big game. He's had his 15 minutes, unfortunately.
It's a dreadful looking team, I'm reminded of the standard of Northern Ireland teamsheets I've seen.
I won't begrudge Zlatan a hattrick.
Ah I will.

Clark and O Shea behind Green and Whelan ? why not just roll out the fucking red carpet. Anything less than 4-0 and they're not trying.

And as if to fuck with me even more we only have 1 MLS player in the side. Typical.

McClean isn't going to have a big game. He's had his 15 minutes, unfortunately.

I shouldn't but I'm sort of glad that McClean hasn't turned out to be the Derry Messi, too much bullshit was being talked about him after a few effective months of running in a straight lines and hitting few decent crosses and shots, obvious that he really needs to add to his game and no surprise that he's been found out this season. A superior Stephen Hunt, but with poorer putting in a shift abilities.

That Brady kid though, he's the real deal, what with being allowed to leave Old Trafford for the championship and all.

Clark's looked somewhat more solid for Villa lately, probably still has a penalty / red card in him though. And we know what to expect from O'Shea at this stage. Who else do we have though? O'Dea, Kelly or Pearce wouldn't give me much more confidence.

Brady, I think, will be a midtable Premier League player, which is as good as we can hope for at the moment seemingly. Agreed on McClean's limitations, but minus McGeady and Pilkington there aren't many other options. I think I'd play Walters there instead.

Just galling that we couldn't play to our strengths and have Gibson / McCarthy / Hoolahan in the middle spraying passes around instead of the two 'harrying' experts chasing shadows. Hope they prove us wrong and Green has the game of his life, not holding my breath though.

He could be back in the PL in a few months though. I've never seen him play and know nothing about him so I can't say I'm horrified by his inclusion but seriously what do James McCarthy and Wes Hoolihan have to do to get a game ? get released by their employers maybe ?

Green actually plays in a reasonably attacking role in midfield for Leeds, I think (he deffo did for Derby). I'd have thought McCarthy's two seasons of playing midfield for a struggling EPL team would have given him the requisite experience for the slot beside Whelan at this stage. But sure, Trap knows best.

If their full-backs are Lustig and Olsson(?) then hopefully McClean and Brady can torment them somewhat. I'd prefer to see Walters on the right wing and Brady on the left but I suppose he'll be good to bring off the bench when we're being tonked and seeking a consolation goal.

but minus McGeady and Pilkington there aren't many other options. I think I'd play Walters there instead.

Pilkington I do like and it's a shame that it took so long to sort out his declaration for us and that he's not fit right now.

As washingcattle; said, Brady could be back in the PL next season (with Meyler too, who due to his unfortunate injury record is now in an uncomfortable position whereby he's too old for us to be talking about rawness and potential, shame for him really) and he certainly looks like he has some talent, hits a nice deadball, trickier than McClean but I was a bit bemused by the reaction to him after he took Oman apart.

According to twitter Brady will only be confirmed after further training due to "psychological reasons" !?!!?

If he doesn't pass the test then it'll be Andy fucking Keogh on the wing.....

Publically doubting whether a player is psychologically capable of playing a match the day before is surely not a good way to boost his confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back