Ibrahimovic vs. Ireland (1 Viewer)

We conceded 6 at home to Germany. Afterwards he said we shouldn't be expecting anything better against a team like Germany.
And he wasn't sacked.

We'll probably lose 3-1 to Sweden or something. And he still won't be sacked.

It hurts, but live with it. He'll stay until the end of the campaign and the best we can hope for is a few decent results to at least keep our ranking high so we don't get put in pot fucking 5 or whatever for the Euros draw. Which we'll have a great chance of making as it's been expanded.

Now, after me........ óle.....óle, óle, óle.....óle........óoooole.

NO. Fuck that there is no reason for us to accept this. If this was any other footballing nation or Chelski or Blackburn or even Arsenal there'd be fucking war. He has to fucking go and that attitude of deal with it is playing into the FAIs hands.

I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more!

NO. Fuck that there is no reason for us to accept this. If this was any other footballing nation or Chelski or Blackburn or even Arsenal there'd be fucking war. He has to fucking go and that attitude of deal with it is playing into the FAIs hands.

I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more!

So go shout it out the window, gather a mob, and do something about it! Harness this fury. It worked for your man in Network.

Isn't this match the first one in Sweden's brand new National Stadium?
They're taking it very, very seriously. Zlat particularly wants to bang in the very first hattrick in the new pad. I think our boys have bigger plans than that. I reckon we'll let him have six.

I don't understand the comparisons. We are nowhere near the level the swedes are at. Not even close.

I don't understand the comparisons. We are nowhere near the level the swedes are at. Not even close.

True, we're shit. But we shouldn't be. Go to their Wiki. Have a look at their squad. They have no one other than Zlatan. That fat lad who scored a few for Bolton? Gimme a break. Lustig of Celtic, very average, the Olssons of Blackburn and WBA, Larsson from Sunderland....we should be on a par with these cunts.

True, we're shit. But we shouldn't be. Go to their Wiki. Have a look at their squad. They have no one other than Zlatan. That fat lad who scored a few for Bolton? Gimme a break. Lustig of Celtic, very average, the Olssons of Blackburn and WBA, Larsson from Sunderland....we should be on a par with these cunts.

I agree, but they have a proper league over there, with teams that compete on a european stage regularly. Malmo even nearly won the big one once, and Gothenburg have a few euro tins. We'll always be at a disadvantage when it comes to that. So many of our lads haven't even had a european game.

Last year's friendly game with England wants its build-up back.

this must be the first competitive one so. I don't pay attention any more. When i do i hear things like "Foley" and "McShane" and "Green" and "Keogh" and i feel sick.

As I said, worst Irish team ever plus no morale = why it won't be now. Is that so difficult to get your head around?

Team of 1987 was the best team we ever had, and they beat Scotland 1-0 in Hampden. That's a long enough time to be watching
Ireland (and I'll be in Stockholm, for what it's
worth) to know who's ignorant.

I was of course referring to myself re ignorance being bliss.
Im not overly bothered how Ireland do,if they win then great,if not I'll get over it fairly lively.

I wish he'd at least do an interview and put the whole thing to rest. "It's understood he turned down an invitation" according to RTE. "He's not willing to risk a recurrence of his thigh injury" according to the Daily Mail. I'd respect him more if he came out and said "I won't play for Trap he's a cunt" or just quit altogether. I'm not defending him here, but if he get's injured Evertons season is in the balance so I'm glad in a selfish way.

Doesn't matter really. If we go 4-2-3-1 with McCarthy and Whelan lying deep, Coleman Hoolihan and McClean in front of them and Long up front I'd be satisfied that that's our strongest side available. At the back it's a lost cause.

The only acceptable results from this are:

1. We somehow scrape a 1-0 win, prolonging the agony for another 6 months or so

or

2. Sweden fucking hammer us into oblivion and Trap has a fucking heart attack and dies.

Unfortunately, the most likely result is

3. Sweden win a dogshit game 2-0 with a brace from IbraZlatovan, and Trap stays where he is.

I agree, but they have a proper league over there,.
And how many of their national first team come from the national league? Zero (two I think in the squad. No, they come from WBA, Blackburn, Watford. So how does that make them a better team?
This is the first competitive game in the new stadium - they played Ingerland in it.

And how many of their national first team come from the national league? Zero (two I think in the squad. No, they come from WBA, Blackburn, Watford. So how does that make them a better team?
This is the first competitive game in the new stadium - they played Ingerland in it.

I think what he's trying to say is that the overall standard of Swedish football is higher than our own and that because they have a better league they also have a tradition of what makes up a Swedish footballer, usually very big, very strong and they do have a tradition of passing it. Thusly it's not such a huge step to go and play for the national side. We don't have the same tradition and if anything the system our national side uses is an insult to all the clubs that our players play for. Except Glenn Whelan of course.

The players you're picking out are lads that we know from England, the rest play in various leagues around Europe that we know fuck all about. The standard could be better that The Championship I don't know. Basically they more than likely will not have 2 players in their starting line up that play in the MLS and we probably will. Lets start there and say that they are better than us.

Pah. There'll be one MLS turkey playing, but pound for pound there's no much difference in the teams except for a certain world beater.
Glenn+Whelan+Republic+Ireland+v+Estonia+EURO+6grjU8SMntpl.jpg

I know all that. I'm saying they have a professional league at an ok level where they can incubate the young 'uns that don't get called up as nippers to "big" clubs all over Yurp. Even Zlat started out in Sweden, before he went to Ajax. We don't have that, and it seems as if our only option is go to England. And ever since the Premier League started, we've gone downhill, cos our players are no longer getting a chance at the top level. Not really. There's very few Irish players in the premier league who came through a premier league academy.

It's been like that for 20 years now. If Sweden didn't qualify for a tournament, it would be worthy of comment. If we don't it's hardly surprising. We're not on the same level. We may have been 20 years ago, but what happened then was we lost to Mexico and Sweden came third in the World Cup. So, maybe not. All we have to beat them is our "belief" and "fighting spirit" which, under Trap, is piss poor.

Sweden's 23 man squad:
Goalkeepers: Andreas Isaksson, Johan Wiland, Kristoffer Nordfeldt

Defenders: Mikael Lustig, Jonas Olsson, Andreas Granqvist,Martin Olsson
Per Nilsson, Mikael Antonsson, Behrang Safari

Midfield: Rasmus Elm, Sebastian Larsson, Anders Svensson (vice captain)
Kim Källström, Pontus Wernbloom, Samuel Holmén,Alexander Kačaniklić
Jimmy Durmaz,Erkan Zengin

Forwards: Zlatan Ibrahimović (captain),Tobias Hysén,Ola Toivonen

Elmander's out injured but all of their other first choice players seem to be present.

What we clearly need to do is bring back Stan 'Scourge of Scandinavia' Staunton for one game:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back