i want to punch film in the face (1 Viewer)

It's in Portobello. Google it. They have a website.

It is 20 quid for a half-day session (4 hours). I think it is 40 for a whole day. They also do 3 hour evening sessions. I think they are 15. I could be wrong about the numbers though.

I think it has two big things going for it:

- it's a small darkroom (two enlargers) but you get the whole thing to yourself. So, no more dodging out the door to look at prints, bumping into other people all the time, and asking if it's okay to turn on the light

- all the equipment is in good condition and works very well (having said that the bigger enlarger went kaput last week but they could have it sorted by now).

And they are really nice to deal with. And you can make your own tea and coffee.

wow, that sounds pretty sweet..must look inito it!

speaking of film...

My pictures are painstakingly created frame by frame on 35mm film. I get the whole film developed, scan it, then piece the final image together on the computer, making a large contact sheet. It’s only when the completed film strips are laid out side by side in the contact sheets that the final image appear.
Each work usually takes months to complete, as each frame is obsessively taken in sequence. No pasting together after the event, no cheating in Photoshop!
If I make a mistake or take a frame out of place I start the film again from the beginning.

lookbothwayssmall-500x555.jpg

http://www.martinwilson.net/

Nutbag

wow, that sounds pretty sweet..must look inito it!

I feel kind of reluctant to tell people about it sometimes because the darkroom isn't used much and I can almost always book it at short notice. But then, I do want them to do well and stay in business so ...

You've ruined it for yourself now!

Even I'm contemplating going up there and having a nice dark room to have a snooze in for three hours for 15 quid.

You've ruined it for yourself now!

Even I'm contemplating going up there and having a nice dark room to have a snooze in for three hours for 15 quid.

What do you think I do in there??!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back