I WANT TO BUY A BIKE (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

there was a garda sale on last thursday. you just missed out!

Ah crap, how do you find out about those things?

That D-Lock thing is pretty enlightening. What a crock of shit. I guess I'll be using a chain too then if I do get a bike, although am planning on getting one that has just the basics to get me from here to there so shouldn't be too attractive to thieves.

Garda sales are never that good, IMHO... lots of people turn up to the and the bikes generally go for what they're worth anyhow... not filthy cheap like I had hoped...

On the other hand they do make for an enteraining afternoon of watching people bidding against each other and some dodgy looking fellas buying buckets of bikes... y'know, if your life is really boring...

There's definitely a place in Cabra where you can get a good bike for 80 earthlings.

I don't know where exactly.

I have a d-lock. Awful trouble. Keeps getting jammed.

Definitely Belfield Bike Shop. I got a great deal there, they do second handers. Every year they get in 500 euro bikes that are used for holidays in the Wesht and they go for 200-250 euros.

Ask for hmmm, what's his name. Lad with the black curly hair.

Definitely Belfield Bike Shop. I got a great deal there, they do second handers. Every year they get in 500 euro bikes that are used for holidays in the Wesht and they go for 200-250 euros.

Ask for hmmm, what's his name. Lad with the black curly hair.

Robert?

Somebody repped me saying I should get skinny wheels. I had a dream last night that I had a bike with super-skinny wheels and I just spent the whole time nearly killing meself. Are skinny wheels better though? I never liked racers.

Are skinny wheels better though?
sigh, but WHY?

skinnier wheels are generally faster. The point of contact with the road is smaller and thus, so is the resistence. The downside of skinier wheels is that they will tend to puncture easier.

The most resilient are mountain bikes, but they're as slow as hell. What you want is something in between - a hybrid. Not as skinny as racer wheels, but bigger and skinnier than mountain bikes.

It all depends on your budget. If you need the bike for general commuting in a small area in town, say, keep it cheap. If its for something more, fork out a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back