I think I've come round to the Telecaster (1 Viewer)

Had to use one for the show I am on at the minute.

Kinda find 'the telecaster sound' a bit fucking overkill. Nice low end of course.

yeah i had two tele-type geetars a few years ago. love the twang but there was almost too much of it on top and ultimately the tone control got rolled back a bit. havent had one in years

Love both mine but dear god they're heavy. Mind your back.

try playing an aluminium-necked guitar while standing if ever the chance arises.
you need the neck and shoulders of Henry Rollins not to be a bit tender after an evenings practice session. they vary in weight depending on materials and build types but usually they are pretty feckin heavy.

After playing a tele other guitars feel like toy guitars

see above

Despite coming round to the telecaster all that time ago,I still dont own one. If I had to settle for just one guitar,I could survive with a les paul junior or melody maker type and I'm well covered.

I do love using my tele with the band. Squire/Fender one. It has a Seymour Duncan twin rail pickup in bridge for hotter output, but holds it's own with the Jackson's. Also way easier for tuning low and holding the tuning.

Love both mine but dear god they're heavy. Mind your back.

My accupuncturist had to fill my back full of needles and electrocute me for half an hour over the head of this.

Still.

Might buy one all the same, thinking more about the potential of the loaner i have,.

Only electric guitar I've owned has been a Tele (I went straight in at the top) so I don't see it as heavy at all. I am however used to playing a 70s Precision bass .... that's heavy.

Was asking working on the heaviest Tele I've ever come across yesterday. Up there in Less Paul territory.

I weighed my 3 guitars.....just curious.

1993 Fender special edition US strat. 7 3/4 lbs
2003 Gibson Les Paul standard. 9 1/4 lbs
2012 Fender American standard telecaster. 8 1/2 lbs

Last edited:
Just weighed the two I play most

Gordon Smith GS1 (basically a les paul jr) 7.58 lbs
Gibson melody maker 4.71 lbs

I've never thought of weight as a deal breaker,but I've never played anything really heavy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back