I think I'm coming round to the stratocaster (1 Viewer)

Here’s the extent of my Strat meddling with the 98 squier I got. New bridge/trem and nut and general clean up/dump of crappy electrics
Interchangeable pickguards with banana plugs on live/ground out to plug
The sss configuration has series switching and a blend knob to blend neck and bridge - two savage mods.
The 2h has coil split and phase switches.

both sound great, but I can see myself selling the 2h, switching out is more hassle that it’s worth when I have series switch on the single coil version.

short of refinishing it there not much else to do... onto the next project... 8B52D0B8-5569-4E30-9B19-6BC9684F1303.jpeg 610A6495-AB39-471D-96BE-C282CB947174.jpeg

yeah - I rooted through my parts box there - think I'm going to stick in a series parallel switch, master vol, and turn the 2nd tone into a blend knob of some description. as with most of these types of mod, will give me X new tones, X-(X-1) of which will actually be useful.
lol

My Strat has got vintage style saddles. I've never liked the way the little screws can scratch and sometimes rip my palms (if I'm rocking out so much). Would the Flat modern US styles one fit my Strat? Is there any benefit in changing these?

Basically I've fallen in love with my Strat again and I want to show it some love. I look into locking tuners but they also seem a bit problematic with the vintage style tuners on it now.

My Strat has got vintage style saddles. I've never liked the way the little screws can scratch and sometimes rip my palms (if I'm rocking out so much). Would the Flat modern US styles one fit my Strat? Is there any benefit in changing these?

Basically I've fallen in love with my Strat again and I want to show it some love. I look into locking tuners but they also seem a bit problematic with the vintage style tuners on it now.
Show us a picture of your tuners

This video helped me with them.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I know you can get bushings when you're going from modern-vintage.
these yokes will fit a vintage bushing (sometimes), but are generally shite
1621330856729.png

are your saddles these ones?

1621330923369.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back