I saw a thing in the garden (3 Viewers)

A fox is taking a worrying interest in our new puppy, probably because of his musky odours. We have a wire pen and it's pretty secure, but a determined fox could get in. Thing is he wouldn't find it so easy to get out and if panicked could make shit of the dogs and the cat.

Any advice on dettering it? I plan to put more lighting out in the pen and maybe metal bird deterrent spikes along the top of the fences.

What kind of foxes do you have round you? The foxes I'm used to would be hard put to fight a middling sized cat. They'd take a chicken, but if there was a duck with a shitty attitude I don't see it working out for the fox.

Is the puppy tiny? Can't the little chap sleep on your feet? That's on of the main points of having a puppy I thought.

What kind of foxes do you have round you? The foxes I'm used to would be hard put to fight a middling sized cat. They'd take a chicken, but if there was a duck with a shitty attitude I don't see it working out for the fox.

Is the puppy tiny? Can't the little chap sleep on your feet? That's on of the main points of having a puppy I thought.
They all sleep indoors, it's in case a fox gets at them when they're out on these dark evenings

Come to think of it, it probably doesn't have to be lion poo. Talk to the zoo people, but I'd guess any apex predator's poo would do the job. Dublin zoo has wolves and a couple of types of tigers. Apparently the foxes instinctively understand that smell. That's something I learned off Thumped. Thanks Thumped!

spawning got underway last week in the pond in the back garden; i can see a dozen frogs but no spawn in the front garden one. my wife reckoned there were close to three dozen in the back pond earlier.

spawning got underway last week in the pond in the back garden; i can see a dozen frogs but no spawn in the front garden one. my wife reckoned there were close to three dozen in the back pond earlier.

last year just before lockdown I was in the botantic gardens with the little fella on a weekday and found vast quantities of frogspawn on the edge of one of the ponds.

I told the guys at reception about it and their reaction was pretty Meh. I guess frogs aren't on the endangered list..

i was bringing some wet food out for stevie earlier, and caught him in the middle of doing some home improvement (his house is just out of shot to the left).
as soon as he smells the food, his reaction is 'fuck the insulation, i smell grub'.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A Motherfucking BADGER!

We thought we had an intruder at 430 Am Sunday morning.. heard the side gate rattling..went out to discover teeth marks at the bottom. Went back to bed..this morning at 1.30 heard the same..hopped up and looked out and there he was looking up at me the little rapscallion. In the process of making shite of the gate.I don't know how he got in but I he was obviously trapped so I got up and left the gate open for him.

He's been hanging out under my shed by the looks of it! Great taste in music this badger. I hope he's not under there still..inches away from me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back