I saw a thing in the garden (2 Viewers)

Of course no one like stereotypes, but mad dogs and Englishmen? There's a bit of truth in that. Then at night you'd see these geezers flailing around like loons on booze and sunstroke. Shouting at ducks.

That was a rough few days. If it was 38 degrees outside, it was hotter in my flat. I was waiting for an epic lightning storm to clear it all out. That would have been awesome. Instead it just got a bit cloudy.

If it was 38 degrees outside, it was hotter in my flat. I was waiting for an epic lightning storm to clear it all out. That would have been awesome. Instead it just got a bit cloudy.

Holy crap. Yeah, it's always hotter inside than out, unless you're running AC. All of the little motors, along with the sun shining on your walls, tends to build up heat.

Over here I'd have all windows and doors, barring the front door, open for months. I'd not touch the balcony door for so long it was stick a little bit. But man, 38C is very hot. Crazy.

It's cooled right off here, 20 something, but always with very high humidity which makes it grim.

Holy crap. Yeah, it's always hotter inside than out, unless you're running AC. All of the little motors, along with the sun shining on your walls, tends to build up heat.

Over here I'd have all windows and doors, barring the front door, open for months. I'd not touch the balcony door for so long it was stick a little bit. But man, 38C is very hot. Crazy.

It's cooled right off here, 20 something, but always with very high humidity which makes it grim.

Also, London flat's ain't built for this kind of heat. In Australia, everyone has porches. And it was explained to me that the reason for the porch is that it keeps the heat off the walls of the house, keeping the inside of the house cooler, and it works. I thought "why don't Irish houses have porches? It's not hot obviously, but you could get a bit of shelter while sitting outside"
My Irish-Australian friend said "You couldn't have porches in Ireland, sure everyone would be looking at you".

I saw a thing in the garden
Thing-007.jpg

Airbnb guest saw a rat in the garden this morning. I usually don't mind them, they have a couple of tunnels up from the drain. So I had to fill them in with rocks and soil but now this one is trapped above ground and keeps appearing every now and again. FFS like.

Just back from Sligo, we were in for a swim at Dunmoran beach. As we were getting out my wife goes "no way..." school of Dolphin, maybe 5 or 6, had suddenly appeared and were leaping about the gaff. So amazing.

Was "so amazing" your first reaction?

Because my first reaction was:

"THE FFFFFUCCCK WAS THAT... the fuck did he come from... jesus that lad was quick wasn't he. And... I'm quite a long way out.

This kayak is feeling small. The sea is very big. That dolphin looked... much better adapted than me. Bit late isn't it. It's probably dinner time. Probably head in now. Probably just... you know, sun is getting a bit low in the sky there.

Jesus. The speed of that lad."

And then I gingerly paddled back in towards Beenbane Beach in Dingle. Because it was closest. And I was going to put the boat on my back and walk the rest of the bastarding way. Because... it was getting late.

I mean, afterwards... I was all "OMG lads, totally saw a dolphin! OMG.. so great! OMG!!"

But at the actual time, in reality, when that MASSIVE TERRIFYING GREY THING shot out of the quiet sea next to me, as I was going for a lovely paddle, maybe thinking I'd see Aul Fungi? At a nice safe distance? All that? Instantly became shitting bricks with a violance that could have physically propelled me forwards.

there's a family of moorhens nesting on one of the houseboats down on the section of regent's canal near me. we've been going down to watch them every day. very cute. i tried to post a video but couldn't upload from my phone to here.

i was once snorkelling in a borrowed wetsuit and had been out for an hour when i glanced back to shore and my mates were gesturing frantically at me to come back in. when i got in, they told me two dolphins had been heading towards me, and when i expressed amazement at them having called me in over this, the lad who owned the wetsuit told me they'd been known to accidentally drown swimmers by playing with them.

i suspect he just wasn't able to take the jealousy of me frolicking with dolphins in gear he owned.

Just back from Sligo, we were in for a swim at Dunmoran beach. As we were getting out my wife goes "no way..." school of Dolphin, maybe 5 or 6, had suddenly appeared and were leaping about the gaff. So amazing.

I went for a paddle here yesterday morning and a load of dolphins showed up. Magical things.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Swam with a dolphin in Egypt and it was awesome but kind of scary, it brushed off my chest and I could feel the strength of it. I was in Wicklow swimming a couple of years ago, there were people shouting at me from the shore and I turned around and there was a HUGE seal behind me giving me the evils, It's head was the size of a beachball. They're very territorial apparently. I frantically swam back in waiting for it to bite me in the legs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back