I saw a thing in the garden (3 Viewers)

are you in dublin? we got the liner in pondy hobby - butyl rubber, which is usually the more expensive option, but he sells offcuts. i think we got a 2x2.4m offcut for 50 quid.

Some ducks have taken up residence outside my local M&S. Have been there for the last couple of weeks but I didn’t see them today. Hope they’re ok.

View attachment 13792
I wonder do they depend on the bread at parks?

My friend keeps asking "What are all the rats going to eat now the restaurants are closed?"

And I wish she would stop

In the big snow of '18 I had to stop the van as a magpie and a hawk were fighting in the road over the remains of a rat.

i did. we were dropping some food out to the horse my wife has a lease on, and there's often a kite or kites seen from the stables, so i brought the camera out. the crow mobbing it was a bonus.

i did. we were dropping some food out to the horse my wife has a lease on, and there's often a kite or kites seen from the stables, so i brought the camera out. the crow mobbing it was a bonus.

Damn. There's a fair few of these flying blade type guys out here. Raptors would be the word I suppose. I feel like I'm talking about dinosaurs if I use that word.

Anyway, I know they're there, I see them fairly regularly, I saw one (I think) just out the window of my apartment. But it's hard enough trying to get a pair of binoculars onto them, let alone a decent telephoto lens.

Fair play.

The other birds give them all sorts of abuse round here too, not only comparable sized birds, all creeds and colours of them go apeshit if they see one.

Birds of prey would be one of the things that America does right. I can drive a few miles from here and see ospreys fishing, and bald eagles perching on the tops of dead trees. I have never come close to getting a good photograph of one though.

i got lucky, at times they were dicing literally overhead. i'm not sure it's a fully grown kite; they can grow to a wingspan of over 5 foot, so the difference in size can be even more marked. it was missing a tail feather, clear in the photo here, so perhaps a crow had previously scored a point against it. DSC_0460.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back