I saw a thing in the garden (1 Viewer)

Was delighted to see what appeared to be an otter in the Liffey just beside Ha'Penny Bridge the week before last. It may have been an enormous rat either but whatever the lad was he was pegging it upriver at a fine pace.
I saw a good sized Otter in the River Barrow on Sunday,just chilling eating crustaceans and checking us out. Plus overhead a Cormorant and two herons which are common as muck admittedly but nice to see nonetheless

Whoah whoah whoah easy there David Bellamy
I think this IS a Daddly Long Legs

So I don't know what my winged beauties are. I always thought they were daddy long legs...seems not

came out alright in the end, the ground was more level that i expected.

so is that going to be a froggy habitat or a fishy one?

You know what I'd do if I had a bit of land? I'd try to make a dragon fly.. em.. place. Emporium. A dragon fly emporium. **Emporium**

I think they like perches, sticks and so on, to sit on and look for things to go hunting. Reeds, bullrushes, bit of frog action. Hard to go wrong.

Frogs. My father in law has fish in his and it's quite marked how much less life there is in his pond. He gets loads of frogspawn in the spring but you never see the tadpoles getting too big, they all get eaten.

Haven't seen a healthy, non dead at the side of the road hedgehog for years until this weekend.
saw him scurrying behind the recycling bin when I pulled in in the car.

Half an hour later I heard the rattle of a saucer i use to feed the cat outside. Had often heard this rattle and presumed it was said cat coming back to finish its uneaten food from earlier. took a quick peek outside. Once again, see my spikey friend waddle around the corner. That saucer rattle that was pretty much always at night must have been him all along. Did a little bit of googling about hedgehogs and it turns out that they apparently love a bit of dog or cat food whenever they get the chance for a quick nosh.

must have mentioned it earlier in the thread, but we have one in the back garden, a rescue hog. she has a bit of a problem with her back legs but she pootles around and we leave out food for her as she can't get out of the garden.

Did a little bit of googling about hedgehogs and it turns out that they apparently love a bit of dog or cat food whenever they get the chance for a quick nosh.
Make sure you don't give him cow's milk. They're very fond of it but it makes them ill (a bit like meself).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back