I saw a thing in the garden (1 Viewer)

ah-ha. So the character 'Tui' from NZ based TV show "Top of the lake" was probably named after this bird
tui.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

20180226_194352.jpg
A pet snail that I have. Or I found a shell which I presumed was empty and took it home but later another little shell apeared from out of nowhere which must have come from the big one ?

Three little birds came by my window

There are three fledgling tits in the back yard that are in danger of getting eaten by my cats or dogs. For now I've closed the windows so the cats can't get out , and will hold off letting the dogs out for a while.

So, do they need rescuing? The parent is busy coming and going feeding them, even when I'm standing a foot away, so I don't know if this means this is expected behaviour.

tits1.jpg

Three little birds came by my window

There are three fledgling tits in the back yard that are in danger of getting eaten by my cats or dogs. For now I've closed the windows so the cats can't get out , and will hold off letting the dogs out for a while.

So, do they need rescuing? The parent is busy coming and going feeding them, even when I'm standing a foot away, so I don't know if this means this is expected behaviour.

View attachment 12825
Tits in general seem a lot tamer these last few years. I’ve noticed a few great tits in town (GROW UP!) and they are filling a role that I would have said was more that of pigeons and gulls - scavenging from footpaths and hanging around cafes.

Tits in general seem a lot tamer these last few years. I’ve noticed a few great tits in town (GROW UP!) and they are filling a role that I would have said was more that of pigeons and gulls - scavenging from footpaths and hanging around cafes.

Like foxes, don't mistake 'tamer' with having their habitat removed overnight and completely changing thier lifestyle to survive.

We've had loads of tits in the garden, got a bird feeder thing in a few months ago. A scatter of robins as well. Great to see.

Unfortunately we had a pigeon crash into one of our windows and break his neck recently, and before I could get out to deal with the remains, something had torn it apart, head gone, claret all over the gaff, complete gorefest. Either a fox or a cat, but I'm not discounting the possibility of a psychopathic squirrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back