I saw a thing in the garden (1 Viewer)

We appear to have a Peregrine Falcon nesting near our house here. A mate who can actually identify creatures by looking at them (SORCERY) confirmed that our "bird of prey looking yoke" is one.

my experience of having gone for a walk with a birder is that hearing is far more useful than sight. Coilin was almost deliberately trying not to look, as if looking was a distraction.

I was out on the Medway the other week and saw a murmuration of starlings. They were doing their whole swooping/swirling thing. There was only a couple of hundred of them, but I was stopped dead in my tracks in awe.

Growing up, you'd see thousands of them filling the sky, but only then I realised I hadn't seen a constellation of starlings in years and years. The missus actually asked "What are they?".

Yes, I did google "collective nouns for starlings" just now.

Get the odd murder of crows here. I'm a city boy so I haven't a clue about any of this stuff yet but about once a week they all swoop into my area, sit around for 30 mins or so holding court and loudly getting their affairs in order and then they all fly away again.

Get the odd murder of crows here. I'm a city boy so I haven't a clue about any of this stuff yet but about once a week they all swoop into my area, sit around for 30 mins or so holding court and loudly getting their affairs in order and then they all fly away again.

"Look at yer one over there, here every week for no reason, what a dope!"

Sharks: Hahaha, here, what are yiz doing lads? Do yiz still have Saatchi and Saatchi PR on retainer? Hahaha.

Dolphins: It's OUR money sharks. We can do whatever we like it it!

Sharks: I don't even understand where you're getting your money. Do those Saatchi offices have big windows wha? Because they s...

Dolphins: ...yeah yeah yeah

accidentally drown swimmers by playing with them.

Sharks: Fuck.

We appear to have a Peregrine Falcon nesting near our house here. A mate who can actually identify creatures by looking at them (SORCERY) confirmed that our "bird of prey looking yoke" is one.

There are a few falcons that nest in a field about a mile and a half from here. They normally hunt solo I think but earlier in the year I was out walking the dog and I saw 3 of them in the air together circling around. I surmised that it was a parent teaching chicks to hunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back