i know fight like apes and they are sound (1 Viewer)

I feel bad dude, I got a phone call from a publisher after certain content aggregators lifted one of my shitty blog posts (with permission I should say) and that was my route to book publishing heaven. My public profile was infinitesimal (still is) when they asked me to put together the buke.
Actually funny enough, what I'm planning to do with the pitch next is turn it into a series of blog posts, in the hope of getting and audience and hence some publisher interest

... just as soon as I've finished work on the current musical project (Stoat album number 2, hitting the record stores almost 12 years after album number 1)

Right now we got a few bands like Le Galaxie and Tvvins who have signed to a major and have a bit of minor exposure based on their live show but it won't last for them unless they get a song big in the charts worldwide (best route is probably getting on the soundtrack to a netflix show for that).

A number of other Irish band got offered the same deal, which they turned down cause it was pretty shit. Publishing deal of some sort as opposed to a record deal. From what i heard, Universal (think it's them), got the money from that vodafone ad which used LG's music.

edit: probably delete this in a bit cause they google themselves the whole time

A number of other Irish band got offered the same deal, which they turned down cause it was pretty shit. Publishing deal of some sort as opposed to a record deal. From what i heard, Universal (think it's them), got the money from that vodafone ad which used LG's music.

Youd be fucking mental to turn down any kind of deal

who, Universal or LG? Shur aren't LG hovering around here the whole time anyway?

how's come i can't delete or edit this anymore?

As good a thread as any..

Pete Holidai
33 mins · Kildare ·

PLEASE SHARE
OK! i'm involved in a project that wants to release a compilation of the very best of the current Irish rock music scene. We are looking for twenty [20] bands that are forging a career on their own terms and gather them on one CD which we intent to push heavily to the Irish media.
The working title is SCENE NOT HEARD

We prefer bands who are currently active

If you own the rights to a releasable quality master recording of an original song [it doesn't matter if it has already been issued] and are interested send a link to:

[email protected]

Subject: Scene not heard

Release date: March/April 2017

Only thing I know about F.L.A is that Ocean Colour Scene took the clean piss out of them at a gig a few years back in the Limelight Belfast

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back