I have 150Eu to buy a guitar. (1 Viewer)

ann post

Supporter
Solutions
Endless tuning problems have forced me to retire (well, hiatus) my guitar from working gigs.

I have 150eu as a budget.

Here are the must haves:

Tuning - it must tune really well.

I would like it to be white.

No floyd roses.

No 335's or similar. I think they are great but not for carrying around for two hours while dancing.

I prefer solids, mostly strats but am open to suggestion considering I'm keeping the one I have for a spare/recorder.

Feel free to turn this into a thread where people just post links to things they like, maybe someone might find one that fits for me though.

Tuning problems is one of the more common criticisms of cheap guitars. Go for used,and more basic. Something based on a Tele,or if possible scrape another 100 or so and find a Gibson melody maker

Very much into the second hand market. Have an 'watch' on two on adverts, just thought i'd try the hive mind to see if i'm missing anything really obvious.

€80 for the guitar that leaves €70 to get hold of better parts for it.

lets say this

Seymour Duncan SJAG-2 N - Thomann Ireland

and these

Harley Benton Elec.Guitar Machine Head ST CR - Thomann Ireland

Plus you can paint it white.

;)

Check the hot deals/clearance section of Musicstore and Thomann

You get things like this

Fender Modern Player Jaguar RW RED - Thomann Ireland
Fender - Bullet Strat Electric Guitar, Arctic White : Electric guitars
Jack and Danny - TL Thinline BSB Butterscotch Blonde : Electric guitars

I realise some of them are out of your price bracket.

Or try a cash converters in the suburbs.

The one in Tallaght is chocka with amazing deals. Half of it is stolen as fuck and probably has blood on it but the other half is chucked out spring cleaning stuff from some snot nosed little shit who only wanted the fucking thing because someone else at school got one for his birthday. I know because I sold shit loads of them to parents a decade ago.

€80 for the guitar that leaves €70 to get hold of better parts for it.

the one I'm stopping using live is going to be resprayed and re-hardware'd - what i'm buying now is sorta to buy time to spend good time and money on the old one. Otherwise i'd consider a mcguyver type thing.

washingcattle said:

those are good suggestions. Wouldn nearly stretch for that jaguar. nearly.

the one I'm stopping using live is going to be resprayed and re-hardware'd - what i'm buying now is sorta to buy time to spend good time and money on the old one. Otherwise i'd consider a mcguyver type thing.

those are good suggestions. Wouldn nearly stretch for that jaguar. nearly.
Do it.

I'd love to grab that yoke but I'm broke. I don't need a guitar and I'm no longer in a band, but on principal I need it. It'd look great with half the paint wrecked, the neck fucked up and bent and the electronics hanging out it's arse / held in by duct tape.

Which is inevitable if I owned it.

The cheaper black label Squier Teles are remarkable instruments with white/cream bodies too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back