i hate this guy (4 Viewers)

What about these cunt drivers right that are in such a hurry to get behind the next part of that traffic jam that they drive through the lights just so that they can get stuck right across the middle of the pedestrian crossing for when the green man goes?
Saw it happen at least 5 times today.

What about these cunt drivers right that are in such a hurry to get behind the next part of that traffic jam that they drive through the lights just so that they can get stuck right across the middle of the pedestrian crossing for when the green man goes?
Saw it happen at least 5 times today.

I think these morons are the source of traffic jams. I imagine people design traffic systems and then pricks like this are like sugar in the petrol.

Also there was a person who didn't place the divider in the shop today. I ended up walking up the queue to pick up a few because the woman behind was dying to put the basket down. Fucker didn't even cop on when I went back for a third. Hellword awaits.

was blissfully unaware of this guy's existence until 5 minutes ago but now i loathe everything about him, the george dawes looking fuck

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ah I actaully had a thread about that.

He's just talking about data really, its a shooting of the messenger. He's still paying more than torrents.

giphy.gif

He's taking about listening patterns, which have been since the advent of non physical based largely on the single. Sure nerds listen albums but at large people want singles. That predates Spotify back to the first mp3 players. He's just saying what now is.
People haven't a fucking clue what they want, no one knew they wanted MTV until they were presented with it. In the early 90s they artificially pushed "content," i.e. singles, across the airwaves to keep the top 20 changing as quickly as possible so that people would keep purchasing the product.

Last time I looked several studies found that most people want the same thing again and again for ages and ages, which is why the current streaming model leads to single hits (Get Lucky, Uptown Funk, THE BEATLES) that last for years and years rather than a few weeks. It suits the corporations who keep an income coming in, which is all they want, and it gives the people, who haven't a fucking clue, the idea that they are getting "democracy" and democracy = good.

The CEO of Spotify is a bean counter working hard at the face of exploitative capitalism that is objectively making the world worse, he should get back to it and stop trying to Ted Talk his way into convincing us that he has anything of real value to offer the world.

Ah me arse. I'm so tired of musicians whining about Spotify. They pay out 70% of what they take in to licence holders. Bandcamp pay out 85%, which is obvs better, but if everyone in the world used Bandcamp instead of Spotify it'd make very little difference to Joe Wannabe who's ranting about only getting $750 for 200k streams

Musicians have been getting ripped off since recording was invented, probably before. Has Spotify made things worse? For people with an old-style label contract, or people who used to be sustained by sales within a distinct scene, it may well have, but for everyone else it looks to me like it's made it easier to avoid getting ripped off

The CEO of Spotify is a bean counter working hard at the face of exploitative capitalism that is objectively making the world worse, he should get back to it and stop trying to Ted Talk his way into convincing us that he has anything of real value to offer the world.

(y)(y)(y)(y)

Ah me arse. I'm so tired of musicians whining about Spotify. They pay out 70% of what they take in to licence holders. Bandcamp pay out 85%, which is obvs better, but if everyone in the world used Bandcamp instead of Spotify it'd make very little difference to Joe Wannabe who's ranting about only getting $750 for 200k streams

Musicians have been getting ripped off since recording was invented, probably before. Has Spotify made things worse?
I believe the answer is yes, the middle has been ripped out and you now are either making zero or millions with almost no one inbetween.

For people with an old-style label contract, or people who used to be sustained by sales within a distinct scene, it may well have, but for everyone else it looks to me like it's made it easier to avoid getting ripped off
I probably have a bigger problem with the philosophy of it all, the big picture, where we're all encouraged to be CEOs of our own brands. Sure, there's less chance of being ripped off in the small print like back in the day because we all used our business brain to know where the money is going, but when you're being offered zero money, not being ripped off for zero money is hardly a victory. It's the "jobs" thing where you can say there were 20,000 new job last month, all paying less money than it's possible to live on but as long as the the enemy is unemployment we're winning.

I do not doubt that this is the world we live in, but I also don't feel like we should just accept it and roll our eyes with cynicism when someone says that maybe it's not working. Capitalist Realism and all that.

It is interesting to watch the rise of these middle man companies who produce nothing but become power players because they provide a platform. Spotify, uber, airbnb, just eat ect.....

It is interesting to watch the rise of these middle man companies who produce nothing but become power players because they provide a platform. Spotify, uber, airbnb, just eat ect.....
"Platform Capitalism" is the term people have come up for it. Basically, follow the Amazon model of using every penny you make to lower prices and rapidly expand across the world. Run everyone else out of business through low prices and you get a complete distribution monopoly worldwide... at which point you then start to make a profit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back