i hate this guy (2 Viewers)

chris d

Supporter
Watching Taskmaster S08 and have been introduced to this cock Iain Stirling

tm-iain.png.dd7d501fede386f339c8467e143206b2.jpg

After some googling turns out he's married to Laura Whitmore. Which is nicely on brand.

Nate Champion

Stand-up comedy is dead, I reckon. Now it's all just unfunny cunts coming out of the drama school mill and using it as a vehicle to get onto crappy panel shows, sitcoms and eventually [if it's possible] worm their way into film work.

I know a guy in Galway going this route. Lovely fellow. Not a bad actor, did a few am dram things with him years ago. Pegging hard at stand-up now down the Jack Whitehall lane, he's really just using it as a platform to get into acting. Terribly unfunny.

ann post

Solutions
I had a time where I was in the presence of stand up comedy people a lot and they are the darkest fuckers out there. I can't really enjoy much standup anymore because of it.
I like foil arms and hog though.

sleepy

Website
www.facebook.com
I had a time where I was in the presence of stand up comedy people a lot and they are the darkest fuckers out there. I can't really enjoy much standup anymore because of it.
I like foil arms and hog though.
Your post interests me and I’d like to hear more

Nate Champion

Just listening to The Two Shites on radio five live as per usual in order to keep my rage levels up on a Friday evening, and Mark Kermode has made me despise him even more with his impersonation of Christopher Walken. God, what a despicable cumstain of unfettered smugness.

If I was looking to front a hardcore punk band with an emphasis on conveying unhinged rage on stage, I would make sure to play shows only on a Friday night. First up I'd have Kermode and Mayo, then I'd have a James Franco double bill to fill the space waiting for Tubs. Then straight down on my bike for a midnight show on Thomas St or wherever.
Bit of a risk though. Might end up killing someone from the stage, or choking to death on sheer unbridled rage.

Lili Marlene

FURIOUS
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
I am not a fan of Mayo at all due to his try-hard everyman shtick but Kermode is alright I would have thought. He's pretty even handed and tries to do his best not to completely dumb it down for a broad audience, no?

I'm not an avid listener or anything and when I do listen the the one million in-jokes thing wears a bit thin, but then again i'm sure I love all the in-jokes in the stupid stuff I do listen to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads