I hate ponchos (1 Viewer)

egg_ said:
but I have seen my fair share of wellies and their cousins on the feet of trendy Dublin chicks
Festival chic, if you check out any of the festival message boards you'll find plenty of threads on the boards from girls asking where to find pink ghinim (sp?) coloured wellies and the like; that girl wasn't too impressed when I shoved her into a puddle that time, at least her feet were dry.

welly.jpg

spiritualtramp said:
have you actually seen a *real* pair? they are very very different to the fakeo ones in Pennys. They actually look like they won't fall apart.
If I had real Ugg boots, I would hope that they would fall apart. And that I would be left walking barefoot on broken glass and syringes while people beat me with sticks. Wearing Ugg boots is about as cool as having a tattoo of your own name.

Zita said:
If I had real Ugg boots, I would hope that they would fall apart. And that I would be left walking barefoot on broken glass and syringes while people beat me with sticks. Wearing Ugg boots is about as cool as having a tattoo of your own name.
*looks down at giant MINKA tattoo*

*is ashamed*

I've seen real Ugg boots as well, and I still don't like 'em. I dunno, they just seem one step away from those thermal wide-fitting fleecy boots that old ladies wear in winter.

actually, perhaps that will be the next big thing - aul wan chic! i can get a blue rinse! and a headscarf! and one of those shopping trollies for ben hur style queue jumping at bus stops!

(allegations that i am already a crazy old lady will be met with scorn...)

sleur said:
Yes, if I see another skanger with a baby pink, baby blue or a plain white poncho I'll vomit.

The same goes for all those fur lined hoodie jackets they have too. bleurhhhhhhh.

I have a fur-lined hoodie jacket. AND I have fake Ugg boots. AND I purchased both of them in Penney's. They keep my head warm and my feet warm and cost a sum total of 45 euro. Can't say fairer than that. You sir, are a snob. (But you know that :))

Thankfully, I am not offended by ponchos (or I'd be spending a lot of time being offended lately) but I do have an aversion to spangly 'going out' ponchos, often found made of gold lace.

oh dear andy, I don't know if I should laugh or cry....

Anyway my older brother has a great game. What you have to do is simply scream "PONCHO" everytime you see a poncho and don't forget to point at the person aswell. It's actually more fun than it sounds.

helena said:
I have a fur-lined hoodie jacket. AND I have fake Ugg boots. AND I purchased both of them in Penney's. They keep my head warm and my feet warm and cost a sum total of 45 euro. Can't say fairer than that. You sir, are a snob. (But you know that :))

I have no gripe with Penny's. They've kept in jeans & cords for years so fair duce to them! But the ugg boots. I'm guessing that's a name that was conjured up by initial ugg boot spectators when they first saw them.

I saw the perfect person in work the other day, poncho, tight jeans & ugg boots. droooool.

Can we give out about trucker caps now?

spiritualtramp said:
have you actually seen a *real* pair? they are very very different to the fakeo ones in Pennys. They actually look like they won't fall apart.
I have, and although they don't look quite as horrendous
as the pink and other pastel and natural coloured knockoffs,
I still agree with Minka and Zita.

Somehow they make people's feet look retarded, as if they
should be slowly dragged up and down a corridor of the psych
ward of st james, rather than adorning the feet of, often perfectly
well adjusted human beings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back