I hate ponchos (1 Viewer)

Unicron

Threads
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
egg_ said:
but I have seen my fair share of wellies and their cousins on the feet of trendy Dublin chicks
Festival chic, if you check out any of the festival message boards you'll find plenty of threads on the boards from girls asking where to find pink ghinim (sp?) coloured wellies and the like; that girl wasn't too impressed when I shoved her into a puddle that time, at least her feet were dry.

Zeelander

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
spiritualtramp said:
have you actually seen a *real* pair? they are very very different to the fakeo ones in Pennys. They actually look like they won't fall apart.
If I had real Ugg boots, I would hope that they would fall apart. And that I would be left walking barefoot on broken glass and syringes while people beat me with sticks. Wearing Ugg boots is about as cool as having a tattoo of your own name.

minka

Threads
Website
Visit site
Zita said:
If I had real Ugg boots, I would hope that they would fall apart. And that I would be left walking barefoot on broken glass and syringes while people beat me with sticks. Wearing Ugg boots is about as cool as having a tattoo of your own name.
*looks down at giant MINKA tattoo*

*is ashamed*

I've seen real Ugg boots as well, and I still don't like 'em. I dunno, they just seem one step away from those thermal wide-fitting fleecy boots that old ladies wear in winter.

actually, perhaps that will be the next big thing - aul wan chic! i can get a blue rinse! and a headscarf! and one of those shopping trollies for ben hur style queue jumping at bus stops!

(allegations that i am already a crazy old lady will be met with scorn...)

F. Fred Palakon

Threads
sleur said:
Yes, if I see another skanger with a baby pink, baby blue or a plain white poncho I'll vomit.

The same goes for all those fur lined hoodie jackets they have too. bleurhhhhhhh.
I have a fur-lined hoodie jacket. AND I have fake Ugg boots. AND I purchased both of them in Penney's. They keep my head warm and my feet warm and cost a sum total of 45 euro. Can't say fairer than that. You sir, are a snob. (But you know that :))

Thankfully, I am not offended by ponchos (or I'd be spending a lot of time being offended lately) but I do have an aversion to spangly 'going out' ponchos, often found made of gold lace.

sparse

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
oh dear andy, I don't know if I should laugh or cry....

Anyway my older brother has a great game. What you have to do is simply scream "PONCHO" everytime you see a poncho and don't forget to point at the person aswell. It's actually more fun than it sounds.

the bongo

Threads
Zita said:
Wearing Ugg boots is about as cool as having a tattoo of your own name.
this turned out to be quite useful when i picked up my skin at the lost property office in connolly station.

Theseus Mock

Threads
helena said:
I have a fur-lined hoodie jacket. AND I have fake Ugg boots. AND I purchased both of them in Penney's. They keep my head warm and my feet warm and cost a sum total of 45 euro. Can't say fairer than that. You sir, are a snob. (But you know that :))
I have no gripe with Penny's. They've kept in jeans & cords for years so fair duce to them! But the ugg boots. I'm guessing that's a name that was conjured up by initial ugg boot spectators when they first saw them.

I saw the perfect person in work the other day, poncho, tight jeans & ugg boots. droooool.

Can we give out about trucker caps now?

sarah

Threads
Website
www.flickr.com
spiritualtramp said:
have you actually seen a *real* pair? they are very very different to the fakeo ones in Pennys. They actually look like they won't fall apart.
I have, and although they don't look quite as horrendous
as the pink and other pastel and natural coloured knockoffs,
I still agree with Minka and Zita.

Somehow they make people's feet look retarded, as if they
should be slowly dragged up and down a corridor of the psych
ward of st james, rather than adorning the feet of, often perfectly
well adjusted human beings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads