I give you peace (1 Viewer)

Most mass I went to was through Irish.

Creidim in aon Dia amhain, an t-athair uile chumachtaigh, a rinne neamh agus tallamh agus an uile ni sofecithe agus dofeicithe, agus in aon Tiarna amhain, Iosa Chriost, Aonmhac de..... 7rl

Rep for anyone who can tell me what popular, absurdly tiresome mass ditty that one is..

I still fucking dread shakeyhands at mass. It's gross and really akward because it's always my rellies because I'm generally at a funeral or wedding, and it's not natural to shake hands with people you know like that. I use to think people were grumbling 'crispbread' for the 'peace be with you'.

Most mass I went to was through Irish.

Creidim in aon Dia amhain, an t-athair uile chumachtaigh, a rinne neamh agus tallamh agus an uile ni sofecithe agus dofeicithe, agus in aon Tiarna amhain, Iosa Chriost, Aonmhac de..... 7rl

wow that brings me back!

I still fucking dread shakeyhands at mass. It's gross and really akward because it's always my rellies because I'm generally at a funeral or wedding, and it's not natural to shake hands with people you know like that. I use to think people were grumbling 'crispbread' for the 'peace be with you'.

I've seen people go into sign of peace frenzies;
stretching over three seats, walking down the aisle to get to people

If Seinfeld was an Irish Catholic he would have covered this

Did you know:

In pre-Vatican II days, when you couldn't eat or drink before communion, if you were, say, tearing a piece of thread with your teeth, and you accidentally swallowed a length of it, if it was nylon thread you could still have communion, but if it was cotton thread, you couldn't?

We still don't know what the story is with if you accidentally swallow a bug. It's different from the thread thing because you put the thread in your mouth knowing that there was a risk you might swallow some. But since the ban on food and drink is nothing to do with intention, probably you also couldn't if you swallowed a bug.

If a priest accidentally dropped the host down a lady's top, the story was that she would have to go into the sacristy afterward and they would put a cloth on the floor and she would have to hop around on the cloth until the wafer dropped out the bottom.

Did you know:

In pre-Vatican II days, when you couldn't eat or drink before communion, if you were, say, tearing a piece of thread with your teeth, and you accidentally swallowed a length of it, if it was nylon thread you could still have communion, but if it was cotton thread, you couldn't?

i wonder is this something to do with Leviticus 19:19 which says -
Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.

A friend of mine who has never been to church was going up for communion at a wedding. To "body of christ", she replied: "Oh, hello!"

Likewise, my friend who'd never been to Catholic mass replied "Why thank you!" to all the people who shook her hand while saying "Peace be with you". To this day she thinks Irish Catholics are top notch.

We got high fived up the arse in our church.
"No hard feelings?", asked the priest. He was
right, I couldn't get an erection for years.
I got paid handsomely for it 18 years later by
the commission. Does that make me a part-time
rentboy who needed the government to call in
my debts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back