I did not know it was a cover! (1 Viewer)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
Just saw a reference to this in an article and it struck me as something I once knew but had forgotten.. Anyway Joe "the games people play" South's original recording of Hush

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
Pretty obvious, I suppose but I just discovered The Tremeloes version is a cover

They do a decent live version. Those harmonies and falsetto could go horribly wrong

prefuse

Heart & Soul. A hit for Huey Lewis & the news in 1983. Written by Chinn & Chapman. The amount of hits these guys wrote and or produced is incredible. (although Mike Chapman throws a lot of shade at Nicky Chinn's contribution to the songs) Any way it was originally recorded by exile in 1981. They had a hit with kiss you all over in 1978 (another Chinn & Chapman song)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
Heart & Soul. A hit for Huey Lewis & the news in 1983. Written by Chinn & Chapman. The amount of hits these guys wrote and or produced is incredible. (although Mike Chapman throws a lot of shade at Nicky Chinn's contribution to the songs) Any way it was originally recorded by exile in 1981. They had a hit with kiss you all over in 1978 (another Chinn & Chapman song)

Interesting. I didnt recognise this until the chorus kicked in. It's much heavier!

Exile are nothing without sexy dance Jimmy Stokley- who in no way looks like Paul Whitehouse in costume

Lili Marlene

SUCCESSTHINK
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
I'm not someone who knows the Hysteria album especially well but I'd listened it this song a bunch of times without ever copping that it is (quite obviously) a James Brown thing

nuke terrorist

Supporter
I'm not someone who knows the Hysteria album especially well but I'd listened it this song a bunch of times without ever copping that it is (quite obviously) a James Brown thing

Knew it was a JB tune but never checked out the original - great tune whoever is singing.
cheers Lili. my knowledge of JB is a bit embarrassing.

Users who are viewing this thread

21 Day Calendar

Lightning Bolt
Whelans
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland
Panikatax, Chimers (Australia), Fierce Shook, Carpark Sci-fi
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Kurt Vile & The Violators
Vicar Street
Vicar St, Saint Catherine's, Dublin, Ireland
100 gecs
Olympia Theatre
72 Dame St, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 K135, Ireland

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads