I did not know it was a cover! (1 Viewer)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
Heart changed the lyrics so their version was about a woman picking up a hitchhiker on order to get pregnant. They don't play it live anymore.

prefuse

Covered by Take That in the 90's

Dan Hartman also had a big hit in the 80's, I can dream about you.
He also wrote & produced love sensation for Loletta Holloway.
The accapella version was sampled by Black box for Ride on time & Good vibrations by Marky Mark & the funky bunch. Can't forget the funky bunch.

seanc

Tom Robinson is doing a whole show about this topic right now. Well covers and interesting samples.

Revelations so far: Fuel My Fire by The Prodigy is actually a cover.
Step On is a cover. I mean I knew that but I thought everyone knew that. It seems to be twisting a few melons man.

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
Tom Robinson is doing a whole show about this topic right now. Well covers and interesting samples.

Revelations so far: Fuel My Fire by The Prodigy is actually a cover.
Step On is a cover. I mean I knew that but I thought everyone knew that. It seems to be twisting a few
Was listening too.i love Tom. This next lad is playing Wolves in the Throneroom...where else wouyou get it?

prefuse

Step On is a cover. I mean I knew that but I thought everyone knew that. It seems to be twisting a few melons man.

I have the John Kongos original on a compilation. In the liner notes they say something like " the Happy Mondays added a few twisting my melon man, to it and had a huge hit" In fairness to the Mondays & their producers, they did a bit more than that. They totally reworked it & refined it into an indie dance classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads