I definitely want to buy a knife. (1 Viewer)

jonah

I definitely want to buy a knife. My friends Mom bought her a baby pink pocket knife with her name engraved on it for Christmas and honestly, I've never been so jealous of anyone ever.

Solution
You need to be really careful with a knife there jonah. Unless you are used to using one regularly, with adrenaline going you are much more likely to fumble and get hurt with it yourself. Legally you should be pretty much ok with it (unless you stab someone, then even if they were trying to assault you they would still have a case against you) as they are legal once they are under 12.8 inches, including the handle. If a Guard does stop you and find it in your bag, if they think you are in any way dodgy they can bring you to court, but that's very unlikely to happen.

Honestly I would never carry one, it's too big a risk and I would be ok-ish with them. Pens can cause a lot of damage, keys are an impromptu knuckle duster and a blast of...
You were back in Dublin around Christmas right? How did you find it?

I'm 6'3" and 200+ lbs
I can go anywhere I want, so I found it fine.

And without being too much of a prick, I do okay, so I taxi pretty much everywhere I need to go.

I'm more worried about my sisters when I hear statements like Jonah's

Was wondering if the general atmosphere has changed and was looking for an outside perspective. There are definitely places in Dublin city center that I wouldn't say are safe on your own at night, not to mention the general unpredictable madzers wandering around at the best of times.

Was wondering if the general atmosphere has changed and was looking for an outside perspective. There are definitely places in Dublin city center that I wouldn't say are safe on your own at night, not to mention the general unpredictable madzers wandering around at the best of times.

It all seemed the same to me.
Maybe I'm oblivious to the dangers, but there's nowhere in the city centre I don't feel safe.
I walked home through Summerhill one night.
I'd be of the opinion that some areas have worse reps than they deserve.

It all seemed the same to me.
Maybe I'm oblivious to the dangers, but there's nowhere in the city centre I don't feel safe.
I walked home through Summerhill one night.
I'd be of the opinion that some areas have worse reps than they deserve.
mmm, I'd walk through most places, and have, but I can't think of a time in my life (and I grew up in the suburbs) where I wasn't always slightly on-edge. There's an unpredictability that I just grew up assuming is in all cities, but maybe that isn't the case?

I went down to the local co-op (Lissivard FYI) to buy a microwave, and a coffee machine, if possible.

Arrived home with a massive scythe. Fucking win.

I've been wandering about the place scything the shit out of brambles. If some lad came jumping out from a hedge at me with his EDC knife, I'd scythe the cunt. Now I am become Death, destroyer of worlds.

I went down to the local co-op (Lissivard FYI) to buy a microwave, and a coffee machine, if possible.

Arrived home with a massive scythe. Fucking win.

I've been wandering about the place scything the shit out of brambles. If some lad came jumping out from a hedge at me with his EDC knife, I'd scythe the cunt. Now I am become Death, destroyer of worlds.
Is "shiv" a derivative of Shiva? Is seanc pronounced shank?

I should say I do carry a knife for work. Three actually. I did draw them once in a situation. That time it worked out, but it could have easily gone another way.

I get that recent events in London have brought the plight of women walking home at night into focus, as it should be. I don't think knives are the answer though. It's just not going to give you the peace of mind you think it might. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Yes, I realise I'm 6 years late with this reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back