I am a proud Craft Beer convert -- the Hipsters were right. (1 Viewer)

Repelies

Okay I will say that I used to dismiss scornfully the legions of plaid shirt beard wearing hipsters and their beer foamed taches. There was always a few making inquisitive and curious glances upon the craft beer section of my local pub.

So imagine my surprise when I decided to take a chance on one of these exotic beers after the well ran dry of Heineken. It was a pint of Sierra Nevada albeit slight more expensive but by gosh did it taste so so good. Truth be told, I don't bother with conventional beer anymore. Not only are craft beers tastier and less boring but my hangovers are virtually zero the following day. And I delight in engaging with my fellow hipster friends connoisseurs the delights of craft beer.

I have just discovered another damn fine beer recommended to me in Mulligans, Stoneybatter. Its called Gamma Ray bu Beavertown and it is brewed by Robert Plants son in England. This dude decided the music scene wasn't quiet his thing, quit his band and set up the Beavertown brewery. I am hooked and even though its a tad expensive ( 3 cans for 9 Euro in O'Briens) and 6.50EUR in Mulligans, it is without doubt my favorite beer. Gamma Ray is an American pale ale and it pours a hazy golden and tastes citrusy with a hint of mango and resin. It without doubt sets the bar for American pale ales. The artwork on the from of the can is pretty cool too. So what beers are ye all enjoying this summer?

gammaray.jpg

I've been saying it for years - the hipsters have done a lot for us! Anything from the Galway Bay brewing company gets my vote (Full Sail, Bay Ale, Buried at Sea)

I started drinking beer when I lived in England and love the hand-pumped cask ale best of all. Only ever saw it for sale over here once - could that be the next hipster thing? I hope so

I started drinking beer when I lived in England and love the hand-pumped cask ale best of all. Only ever saw it for sale over here once - could that be the next hipster thing? I hope so

I'm going to be devastated when I move home and cask isn't everywhere. Could it be the next thing? Well. That article is full of rubbish though - I'm only posting to point out that cask is a thing in America and isn't a complete unknown. I definitely had some cask pints in New York last time i was there even if the quality wasn't great.

Underdog on Dame St has a permanent cask line and I've had some in the Galway Bay pubs too. The Bull & Castle used to have one but probably not any more. The encroachment of Wetherspoons into Dublin city centre will make it a bit more freely available though.

I like an oul craft beer. As was said, the Galway Bay crowd have some good uns; Careen is nice and is my usual when in one of their bars; Full sail is also good. I like Sierra Nevada also; when at home I will go for the All Day IPA (4 bottles for €10 in Tesco). I do also like Bishops Finger (ooer missus), Smithwicks Pale Ale, Speckled Hen etc; there's some lovely ones out there.
I wouldn't go craft beer on a night out though; they're not conducive to lashing back; much nicer to savour and drink slowly, which also means no hangover - all good!

I dismissed Galway Bay in my mistaken belief that because it was so popular that it was in some way not a real craft beer. Fucked up I know. lol.

Elvis Juice, I have seen in Tesco of all places. I will definitely be adding that to my basket on Thursday.

I like an oul craft beer. As was said, the Galway Bay crowd have some good uns; Careen is nice and is my usual when in one of their bars; Full sail is also good. I like Sierra Nevada also; when at home I will go for the All Day IPA (4 bottles for €10 in Tesco). I do also like Bishops Finger (ooer missus), Smithwicks Pale Ale, Speckled Hen etc; there's some lovely ones out there.
I wouldn't go craft beer on a night out though; they're not conducive to lashing back; much nicer to savour and drink slowly, which also means no hangover - all good!

OMG! that is another thing I have learned to do with craft beer thanks to the rather excellent connoiseur who used to work in DrinkStore in Stoneybatter. Drinking it slowly, savoring the taste and really enjoying your beer as opposed to just skulling it back. So relaxing and pleasurable and the best thing being no hangover as a bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back