Hurling Championship (1 Viewer)

I don't think kilkenny were *that* close tbh. They had that comeback surge which is kinda typical of them in finals but it was snuffed out within a few mins. Limerick in finals more or less score every second play minute, i.e. every time they get the ball. Other teams melt under that pressure from KK where limerick just rattled along ignoring it.

I don't think kilkenny were *that* close tbh. They had that comeback surge which is kinda typical of them in finals but it was snuffed out within a few mins. Limerick in finals more or less score every second play minute, i.e. every time they get the ball. Other teams melt under that pressure from KK where limerick just rattled along ignoring it.
thats how it seemed. But all the crucial momentum swings went Limerick's way. Literally everything that could have went right for Limerick, did. I fancied that Kilkenny would win if the game was close coming into the last 10 minutes, as I felt they'd have a stronger bench. Limerick have the best first 15 but their bench is light enough. They've been hoping for a bit of energy from David Reidy, which they got against Galway, but he didn't bring the same influence yesterday. Then they brought on a clearly unfit Mike Casey, at a time Kilkenny were breathing down their necks. But the players didn't panic the way the line did. All of Kilkenny's 5 subs scored. Kilkenny hit the largest ever losing score in an all-Ireland final. They were also getting a raw deal from the referee (I make it 1-3 that came from frees that weren't frees in the first half alone - and the last Hegarty point, Hannon clearly dropped the hurl breaking out of defence). In a game of inches decisions like that are massive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back