HSE/Department of Health Hack (1 Viewer)

I know most data is sensitive but considering Tusla have also been affected, you’d hate to think what data is out there now that should be kept safe. And the fact that their referral system is down is a major risk for kids in need of help right now.

Portal is down but Duty Social Work teams are taking referrals by phone (as they normally would anyway). The portal is always breaking so this is nothing new. The website has all the info for Local Area Offices. Gardai are also able to assist with any concern for immediate danger to a child and continue to be available during system outage. All case work for open cases is continuing, albeit at much slower rate. The issue is that everything is inaccessible at the moment so it's a complete nightmare.

Anyway if you're worried about a kid ring the local duty team and if they are at risk of immediate harm then call the cops.

lol, Conti creates a log called CONTI_LOG.txt.

now if they didn't have some kind of IDS that could have picked up on something like that and have an active responder in place that would automatically shut the system off, someone's head needs to roll.

Portal is down but Duty Social Work teams are taking referrals by phone (as they normally would anyway). The portal is always breaking so this is nothing new. The website has all the info for Local Area Offices. Gardai are also able to assist with any concern for immediate danger to a child and continue to be available during system outage. All case work for open cases is continuing, albeit at much slower rate. The issue is that everything is inaccessible at the moment so it's a complete nightmare.

Anyway if you're worried about a kid ring the local duty team and if they are at risk of immediate harm then call the cops.
Good to know! I don't have any concerns about anyone by the way, but it was a worry that went through my mind as I know there must be lots of referrals everyday.

(And I honestly forgot that people use phones!)

lol, Conti creates a log called CONTI_LOG.txt.

now if they didn't have some kind of IDS that could have picked up on something like that and have an active responder in place that would automatically shut the system off, someone's head needs to roll.
i suspect they learned about it the hard way, but i know the client i'm responsible for can only log and block file creation, and alert; it can't do an automatic shutdown (though i must dig the manual out again)
we could check for it on a periodic basis and initiate a shutdown, but not pure real time.

i suspect they learned about it the hard way, but i know the client i'm responsible for can only log and block file creation, and alert; it can't do an automatic shutdown (though i must dig the manual out again)
we could check for it on a periodic basis and initiate a shutdown, but not pure real time.
have a look at this

we use it a lot. You define the active response so, theoretically, you can shut a system down in the event of some alert being triggered.

We use it to update an IP black-list on-the-fly if we identify unusual behaviour patters in terms of attempted connections.

"It is characterized by taking control of systems and stealing data, and is associated with a group that operates outside of Russia and Eastern Europe."

That really narrows it down to the rest of the world.

Speaking as someone with little knowledge of IT security but who works indirectly with the HSE from time to time, none of this surprises me. As far as I can see, the HSE fails to invest in competent IT personnel, while hiring whole swathes of HR people, risk managers and penpushers who get paid for doing fuck all. Even those IT personnel who are competent don't receive adequate training and, while I'm not privy to how much they get paid, it's probably not competetive with, say, an equivalent post in the private sector. Even if it was, why should you work as an IT person in a Jawa-sandcawler behemoth like the HSE (apparently the largest employer in Europe) where you get no training, no proper structures, and a whole bunch of grief from people who aren't even allowed to download something off dropbox? How about instead of permitting consultants make millions off private practice, directing some of the profits from that back into the HSE instead of lining their pockets and investing in some proper infrastructure, training and personnel? What an absolute shitshow. The people at the top should be ashamed of themselves, as should consultants who spend half their time sucking the life out healthcare and lining their own pockets.

The HSE is the largest employer in the state as far as I’m aware. A lot of their IT departments are on a deliberate go-slow - they won’t approve a lot of new software for clinicians or help them come up with workable alternatives for running their services. Largely they exist as an MS Office/email support team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back