HSE/Department of Health Hack (1 Viewer)

Paying them (to my eyes) just tells them that they should continue to attack and expect payments in the future.
yes and no; i.e. if this gang want to be able to pull of the same heist again, they'll only get paid each time if there's a credible reason for the ransomee to believe they'll honour the ransom.
but it's a signal to *other* gangs that we'll pay up.

If elon musk manages to make his human-computer brain-interface thing happen, then it would seem to imply that there is an inevitable future where cyber-criminals hack your brain and then ransom your own thoughts back to you

If elon musk manages to make his human-computer brain-interface thing happen, then it would seem to imply that there is an inevitable future where cyber-criminals hack your brain and then ransom your own thoughts back to you
Have you backed up your own thoughts?

DIdn't think so. Zero sympathy.

actually, the theory is now that how the russians managed to get the malware into the HSE was that a russian had the code tattoed onto his brain, and then went for an MRI scan in tallaght, and the windows 7 system attached to the MRI system read the pattern as code rather than image info and spread the malware.

actually, the theory is now that how the russians managed to get the malware into the HSE was that a russian had the code tattoed onto his brain, and then went for an MRI scan in tallaght, and the windows 7 system attached to the MRI system read the pattern as code rather than image info and spread the malware.

I'm seeing a press release just out from Simon Coveney's office appearing to confirm this. Simon is claiming he "personally saw two suspicious looking Russians and they were in the closet making babies, and I saw one of the babies, and then the baby looked at me".

Most of what I know from my tedious day job is already covered in this thread but I can add that companies pay ransomware all the fucking time, like 7 days a week, including companies who say they don't. It's usually cheaper to pay it, get their files back and protect them properly this time than work on backups from six months ago because whoops, nothing is compatible and everything is backed up stupid ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back