how were subhumans in dec at button factory? Heard they play with contrick may 11th? (1 Viewer)

jasper mckatt

how were subhumans last december? any reviews folks?
I heard they are playing May 11th with Contrick & Hardskin - is this button factory as well? anyone any news on this gig?

Re: how were subhumans in dec at button factory? Heard they play with contrick may 11

Subhumans were absolutely brilliant as always. They're one of my favourite bands and I've probably seen them 7 or 8 times since they played in Coolera house whenever that was (2006/7??) and they have never been anything short of excellent. To be honest, despite the button factory having fantastic sound I didn't really like it as a venue a whole lot, people didn't really dance much til Religious Wars at the end, I think it was just a bit too big or something.

By interesting comparison I went to see them two days later in Manchester in this real dive of a place called the star and garter that has loads of great gigs on regularly. Sound was way worse but the gig was wayyy more craic. Just a tiny room packed full of punx givin it loads. Great fun.

Don't know Contrick but Subhumans plus Hardskin would be absolutely savage!!

Re: how were subhumans in dec at button factory? Heard they play with contrick may 11

Didn't Hardskin play in Whelans on the same weekend as a punk festival in Roscommon..many years ago?

I'd go to this gig to see them, if it's definitely happening

STo be honest, despite the button factory having fantastic sound I didn't really like it as a venue a whole lot, people didn't really dance much til Religious Wars at the end, I think it was just a bit too big or something.

I have always said this, Punk bands are far better suited to smaller venues.

Would love to see Hard Skin again,and somehow I keep missing the Subhumans

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back