How should I feel about Borgore?

Thread starter Moderator #1

egg_

Staff member
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
I heard this song for the first time yesterday

And I FUCKING LOVE IT

... but listening to the lyrics this guy Borgore seems like a full-bore misogynistic asshole, or at least using mysoginistic asshole-ism as a way to sell his music. But then I go and look him up and his audience seems to mostly women who gleefully go to his gigs in their underpants. What should I think, thumped?

Lili Marlene

Sleeperbloke
Supporter
Contributor
I feel like you can find music that sounds just like the above that's a bit more woke lyrically if that's your issue here.

Anyway, its 2018, you should be listening to Cardi B and, uh, Migos.

Lili Marlene

Sleeperbloke
Supporter
Contributor
Yeah? Examples? Bassnectar is the only one of that 'bass music' crowd that I normally like
Oh i haven't a clue, it's not my kinda music so I wouldn't really know which bits you like in it, it just sounds like a lot of other things to me. I do know that you can't get a look in online on a major publication if you're not woke in the right ways so maybe just follow the pop/r'nb/rap tags on pitchfork and see what you like. Now that rap is the major popular music force again you'd be best keeping an eye on Cardi B and Chance the Rapper anyway.

comments

I thought this was a joke when they first released it...

sounds like someone's blowing into a rusty trumpet
Jaysus, never heard that before, that's something else.

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Website
thumped.com
I heard this song for the first time yesterday

And I FUCKING LOVE IT

... but listening to the lyrics this guy Borgore seems like a full-bore misogynistic asshole, or at least using mysoginistic asshole-ism as a way to sell his music. But then I go and look him up and his audience seems to mostly women who gleefully go to his gigs in their underpants. What should I think, thumped?

is that conner4real?

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... if we have any.

Upgrade now

Buy me a coffeeBuy me a coffee

Latest posts

Latest threads