How many pairs of shoes do you own? (1 Viewer)

I very rarely wear shoes. I wear black runners that look like shoes, but hate wearing actual shoes. I think it a resentment from being made wear them as a child. It's the same with shorts. I don't care how hot it gets I refuse to wear shorts.

i currently have 11 pairs of which 5 are cheap and shitty runners/boots/sandals, two are good quality (sandals and hiking boots) but all used up, two sets of running runners (one old, one new) and one set of wearing runners (old), and some highish-end hiking shoe type things that my mum just gave me because they turned out to be uncomfortable for her feet.

Where can I buy shoes that are not pointy, shiny zorro shoes? I'm willing to pay (relatively) premium for a decent pair of shoes but seem to dislike everything on offer.

I have three pairs of runners (hi-top vans, classic reeboks, converse), a pair of doc martens, two pairs of swedish hasbeens heels, some vegan leather mules, and that's pretty much all I wear.

Where can I buy shoes that are not pointy, shiny zorro shoes? I'm willing to pay (relatively) premium for a decent pair of shoes but seem to dislike everything on offer.

Here you go: just the job: and free (UK) shipping into the bargain!

Or there's always TK Maxx

Literally what kind of shoe is this? These are the shoes I want, if I have to go to frickin Tuscany to get them then so be it.

benheart-leather-shoes.jpg

God forbid you would want to buy laces that you couldn't slash your wrists with.

"You don't understand, these are go-faster holes, all shoes should have them as standard. Who wouldn't want to look like they have a flamenco guitar on their foot?"

Literally what kind of shoe is this? These are the shoes I want, if I have to go to frickin Tuscany to get them then so be it.

benheart-leather-shoes.jpg

I don't know what the Italians would call it but here that's probably an unbrogued* oxford** with a rounded toe and a toe cap.

Next do a not wholly dissimilar shoe in the derby**** style but the toe is a little more pointed.

Pricier but they've a rep for being very comfortable, Clarks do what they claim to be an oxford Oliver Cap Dark Brown Leather | Clarks

and a derby Atticus Cap Dark Brown Leather - Mens Shoes - Clarks® Shoes Official Site | Clarks

Even more expensive, Hudson London do very nice shoes, I have a few pairs of their boots.

* a brogued shoe has the little holes in it
** it's probably too casual to be an oxford but it's got the closed lace that is the hallmark of being an oxford shoe.
*** open laced

I don't know what the Italians would call it but here that's probably an unbrogued* oxford** with a rounded toe and a toe cap.

Next do a not wholly dissimilar shoe in the derby**** style but the toe is a little more pointed.

Pricier but they've a rep for being very comfortable, Clarks do what they claim to be an oxford Oliver Cap Dark Brown Leather | Clarks

and a derby Atticus Cap Dark Brown Leather - Mens Shoes - Clarks® Shoes Official Site | Clarks

Even more expensive, Hudson London do very nice shoes, I have a few pairs of their boots.

* a brogued shoe has the little holes in it
** it's probably too casual to be an oxford but it's got the closed lace that is the hallmark of being an oxford shoe.
*** open toed

Thank you!

This is what thumped is all about, teaching other people to do basic internet searches.

I don't really have any proper everyday shoes - just a pair of cheapo converse knockoffs that are falling apart (which I bought as a stopgap to tide me over while I dithered about replacing my last pair of proper shoes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back