How many Irish diy punk bands work with a producer? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 51
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 3
Many bands will want to simply capture what they believe to be their ideal live sound in a recording situation and to this end, the idea of production as something extra is somewhat superfulous. This can vary depending on what type of "punk" any given band is playing. A certain lack of concern for these finer elements of the recording process adds character to some punk bands and makes others sound bad so it's difficult to generalise. I don't think that the Misfits could have benefited from glossy production for example.

I wouldnt dream of working with a producer. If he or she wanted me to play this bit here or that bit there, they can fuck off and do a cover version of it. However, having someone who knows thier way round the operation and what way to get the thing to sound more like you want it is deadly, but thats not really production, its more assistance with mixing, and any good engineer should do that. We always credit the engineer as a co-producer, but fuck help them if they suggest a new intro!

I wouldnt dream of working with a producer. If he or she wanted me to play this bit here or that bit there, they can fuck off and do a cover version of it. However, having someone who knows thier way round the operation and what way to get the thing to sound more like you want it is deadly, but thats not really production, its more assistance with mixing, and any good engineer should do that. We always credit the engineer as a co-producer, but fuck help them if they suggest a new intro!

so you pretend your producer isn't a producer so you can say fuck producers??

Regardless of what I think of producers. Never Mind The Bollocks is nothing but a great record,in every single way possible. And then it's got some more.

Regardless of what I think of producers. Never Mind The Bollocks is nothing but a great record,in every single way possible. And then it's got some more.

Its my single most favourite record in the world.

Its ideal.

so you pretend your producer isn't a producer so you can say fuck producers??

No we pretend our engineers opinions count for something so he will make extra effort to get decent bass, guitar and drum sounds and stay half an hour longer while we burn copies.

I'd never say fuck producers, I would just give them the phone number of someone who needs one!

Well..I prefer to record myself,so I can spend the requisite time getting it right.

Would'nt be feasible to do even one song in a studio when you're playing all the instruments yourself.

Although,when I record my band I'll be heading to the best drum room in Ireland to track the drums.

Everything else..my sitting room.Which hasnt been a sitting room in a long time..its more of a general production studio these days.
Complete with full size blue screen!

I like to go to wherever the band I'm in that is recording can afford. The person pressing record is never considered anything other than an engineer. At least by me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back