How many guitars have you? (1 Viewer)

asdadasd

• Total voters
How does one find a guitar? And do you wanna sell me your strat copy that you've taken apart?

well, i work in a venue. after a gig. none of the 3 bands seemed to own the guitar. no-one came back for it in within 2 weeks. so i took it home for safe-keeping where it can't be robbed by someone that's not me. if owner comes looking for it, ill give it back to them.

spare strat is in bits. literally. also, it had a terribly adolescent shit paint job so, like all things good, it will deffo be nicer stripped. yeah Sparse, its yours for free if i come across it.

That's deadly, I found an EKO acoustic in bush beside my primary school. I left it into the local Garda station and a year and a day later they gave it back to me, hurrah!

my dads guitar (the one i learnt on before i bought my own) was this one:
eko-ranger6-_3.jpg

was a brilliant EKO guitar. quality sound!

Wish list: (where to start)
Richenbacker 610 or 340
Mosrite - ventures model
Gretsch Astrojet or G6130 Roundup™ with Western Leather Trim
Gibson SG Junior (White) or a 335
Fender Strat (I think)
Hagstrom Viking or Deluxe (60's)
Goya Rangemaster (hollowbody) or Deluxe[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Gordon Smith GS2
[/FONT]

Also, I've got a great idea, I'm going to rob all your houses and presell your guitars on ebay, that way I have very little chance of getting caught with them in my possession!

well, i work in a venue. after a gig. none of the 3 bands seemed to own the guitar. no-one came back for it in within 2 weeks. so i took it home for safe-keeping where it can't be robbed by someone that's not me. if owner comes looking for it, ill give it back to them.

spare strat is in bits. literally. also, it had a terribly adolescent shit paint job so, like all things good, it will deffo be nicer stripped. yeah Sparse, its yours for free if i come across it.

my dads guitar (the one i learnt on before i bought my own) was this one:

was a brilliant EKO guitar. quality sound!

Cheers boss, I intend modifying a guitar soon and I think I want a Strat so that'd be great.

My Eko was a 12 string (with the case), it's still deadly but I play it with only 6 strings.

I love that in adds in the Buy and Sell; Guitar for sale, only has 4 strings :D

Fender 72' Custom Tele Re-issue.

Fender Precision 94' with EMG pickups and a few other tweaks.

EKO 1970's 12 String acoustic, converted to 6 a string.

Ibanez Blazer Series 1982?, dodgy electrics but a great guitar to play.

Precision copy with lovely sounding replacement pickups. Really nasty action!

[on loan] 1975 Japanese Squire Jazz Bass, beautiful.

• Fender US Telecaster, black and white: my favourite guitar
  • Gould Flying V, white (even the headstock is white): It's more or less a Gibson copy. Lovely guitar but the pickups aren't great.
  • Takamine cutaway G Series acoustic, blonde all over: Not too fond of the blonde all over look, but the sound of this guitar is great - better than other takamines of a similar price - and it has a pickup that is state of the art, so when it's plugged in it's crystal clear.
  • Hohner acoustic: if I take the strings off this, the tuning pegs fall off as there are no screws n the on the headstock! But it's a nice old guitar that I've had for years.
  • No-name spanish guitar: lovely sound, actually belongs to the missus
  • Aria banjo: piece of shite, but it's fun to mess with
  • Hohner bass: actually not a bad bass at all, considering its age and brand. Pickups are great.
  • Uh....violin (no brand name)
I used to have a black and white Fender jap strat but I gave it to my brother. It had a great sound and all, but was hard to keep in tune.

Fender American Jazz Bass 2001 natural finish
Westone fretless bass
Fenix semi acoustic six string
Shitty nylon acoustic six string

1. Hondo II Deluxe 760 Strat Copy - my first guitar, actually a lot better then it should be... will always have a soft spot in my heart for it. Although it weighs a ton...

2. Ibanez Les Paul Copy - not as good as it should be... a bit knackered and in my parents house somewhere

3. Eagle Bass - total pig of a bass, 90 quid in 1995, still going strong.

4. Danelectro Innunedo - Sparkly with built in effects. Deadly.

5. Fender Acoustic - it was the most money I've ever spent on a guitar... totally worth it...

6. Squire Strat - bought for next too money in sale, plays really well, sounds really nice, but a strong wind and i imagine it would fall to bits and pieces...

7. Uke-Guitar - like a Uke but bigger, with 6 strings and tuned like a guitar. With Nylon strings, sounds ah-ha-mazing... records brilliantly. I use this all the time... I bought it for my daughter... but...

8. Harley Benton Lap Steel - I can't play this very well...

Hagstrom Viking I (the one before the Elvis one)
Tanglewood Les Paul Copy
Alvarez semi acoustic (deadly guitar)
An anonymous red electric guitar with the fattest neck ever carved
and a 2 string spanish guitar under me bed
oh and a Bass

(got me eye on a fender tornado)

Mex Fender Strat with humbucker. The best colours, black with maple neck.
Gibson SG Standard
Gordon Smith Explorer
Quality Fender acoustic

I've either given away for sold all my other crappy guitars (see Ian's post above).

Wish list:
Mark's Telecaster
Gordon Smith SG

actually fuck that, I'm satisfied.

-Gibson SG with seymour duncan invader on the bridge.
-Fender Usa Acoustic with strat head.
-Some kind of no name bass that I traded my Fender Precision for--sounds and plays better,obviously cash was also involved.For sale by the way.
-Mania bass that sound deadly.Use it in Oak now instead of the other one.
-Tapa Madzia Admira Spanish guitar that I dont play as much as I should.

-Mandolin,that I also dont play as much as I should.

Amps

Hiwatt Custom 100 72 head.White.I treat this better than any girl i ever went out with.
Marshall 1936 2 x 12.
2 x 12 with celestions.A gift.
The two together are taller than 4 x 12 which is what its all about isnt it??:eek:

Ashdown Mag 250 bass head.
Ashdown 1 x 15 speaker cabinet.

Some little 30 watt practice amp too.

Wish list.

Fender Blues deville.
Blue US tele.
Martin acoustic.
ES 335.Chrises one.

My wishlist(if I could afford,but I'm happy with my Gordon Smiths and Marshalls)
a strat-if I could ever find one with a nice neck
One of those Dan Armstrong?Ampeg perspex abominations
A fender champ
One of those Epiphone solid body's that Deniz Tek plays.

this thread has really drawn out the nerds...

i have a black encore strat with a white scratch plate that i got for christmas in 1991. i play it at gigs from time to time but never touch electric guitars at home.

a fender cyclone, it sits there abused, unused and unloved, it needs a bit of sprucing up (though it will do well to get it...)

a suzuki acoustic guitar that i love. I got it second hand for my 13th birthday. it sounds really nice, to me at least. if i never saw the elctrics again i probably wouldnt care but im very fond of the acoustic. i knocked it over when i was drunk about 6 years ago and the neck snapped :)eek:) and i was heart broken but luckily mcneills on capel st were able to repair it. turned out it had been broken in the same spot before i got it and repaired. i like amping up the acoustic too - gives a nice chunky sound you dont get from electric guitars.

2005 US Fender Deluxe Tele with S1 switch jobies.
2000 (or thereabouts) Mexican Telecaster
Old Japenese Squire Bass (deadly bass)
Epiphone Semi-Accoustic
Hohner Rockwood Strat Copy (hillarious guitar, first purchase..)
Really old nylon string classical
(me mother's,best classical guitar I've ever played)

Wishlist:

A Travis Bean..
'72 Tele
Our drummer's Fender Tornado

right well firstly this is my baby. its a vaccaro which( in your face dudley) i got for free. but thats an even longer story but one that worked out truly excellently for me! now i think they are out of business. its anyways these pictures are shit and old. its not in the house at the minute. its an alluminui neck like a travis bean but the difference is the metal is covered with wood. so it feels real nice but also sounds amazing and doesnt go out of tune/slip tension etc.
08c50de2.jpg

crap out of focus shot. ill take it again when its back.
6491f0a6.jpg

this is one of those notorious ibanez les pauls from the 70's when ibanez were sued as they were far too close to the originals. i got this for 100 bucks. the guy who owned it died of lung cancer and all the headstock timmings are tinted yellow. its set up really badly though. needs a looking at. anyone know how much these are worth? heard they fetch quite a lot.
P2050174.jpg

P2050175.jpg

this guitar i customized myself for my chick. its a '95 squire ( this is before squires got really terrible) so it plays quite well. i repainted it and cut a new pickguard. looks okay i think. could have shaped it a bit better.
P2050179.jpg

P2050180.jpg

i also rebadged it to show her name
P2050181.jpg

then theres this
P2050177.jpg

its about ten years old. havent a clue what it is. body fell apart but it has the nicest neck ive ever seen/held on a strat!! actually yeah gary ive found that strat copies always have better necks that fenders..mayve you should look at getting a nice neck then gettting a fender body?
P2050178.jpg

my trusy early 70's acoustic
P2050182.jpg

and my most used pedal board. all the EH pepdals are originals
pedals.jpg

well i hope to use the neck in an upcoming homemade jazzmaster project!
like the parts are fucked and the body weighs a tone.
the neck is just so damn skinny but in a good way. fits my hands perfectly.
i do like the black pickG on black body though.

I wasn't going to but I've decided I will, it's very interesting seeing what everyone else has.

1963 Gretsch Corvette
1978 Gretsch TK300
1960's(?) Columbus hollowbody - I'm going to Modify this very shortly
1980's Spectrum GT
1970's Eko acoustic

Gary those epiphone's are either a coronet, a crestwood, or a wilshire. Nice guitars and on my wishlist somewhere. Also I really want a Shergold double neck guitar/bass
cavdbl64.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back