How do I report petrol station cheats/pumps being 'innacurate'? (1 Viewer)

The septic

On Saturday I put 6 litres of Diesel into the car at a petrol station in Finglas. I drove to St. Anne's Park and back. On Sunday, I filled it with 58.5 litres because I was going down the country and wanted to fill it before it goes up on budget day.

That is a total of 64.5 litres of diesel. I looked in the owners manual today and the tank only holds 62 litres. Additionally, when I put the 58 litres in, the low diesel light hadn 't even gone on yet.

There is no way my car, which get 40 odd miles to the gallon, used roughly 6 - 8 litres of diesel on Saturday afternoon. This is bollix, I am willing to fight it. Who do I talk to?

On Saturday I put 6 litres of Diesel into the car at a petrol station in Finglas. I drove to St. Anne's Park and back. On Sunday, I filled it with 58.5 litres because I was going down the country and wanted to fill it before it goes up on budget day.

That is a total of 64.5 litres of diesel. I looked in the owners manual today and the tank only holds 62 litres. Additionally, when I put the 58 litres in, the low diesel light hadn 't even gone on yet.

There is no way my car, which get 40 odd miles to the gallon, used roughly 6 - 8 litres of diesel on Saturday afternoon. This is bollix, I am willing to fight it. Who do I talk to?

Contact the Legal Metrology Service, they are part of the National Standards Authority

Some info here from PK

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/todaywithpatkenny/2011-11-13.html

I always get funny looks when I hold the hose over my head to get the last precious remaining drops of fossil fule

Thanks for all of the info lads. I know I said I was going to fight this one, but all that paperwork looks like more of a pain in the bollix than just not going back to that Petrol station. It would be a no brainer if I had put all of the diesel in at the one station, then I’d be certain. I am going to go home, look at the receipts ( I was smart enough to get them) , do the math and make sure that I couldn’t possibly have fit as much into the tank as I did. Then I will name and shame and either pursue this further or have a couple of beers and complain about something else.

i would say the capacity stated in the manual is going to err on the side of caution too - that will probably be a worst case scenario, allowing for air pockets, etc.
afaik, diesel and petrol dispensers trigger a full tank by measuring pressure buildup in the filler pipe; it's not an exact measurement.

btw, that place on the quays which was famous for overpriced petrol but then changed hands was recently fined for being caught three times by the NSAI for false readings on their pumps. they dropped the price a fair bit to try to entice people back.

btw, that place on the quays which was famous for overpriced petrol but then changed hands was recently fined for being caught three times by the NSAI for false readings on their pumps. they dropped the price a fair bit to try to entice people back.

I was in there a few months back and was surprised at how reasonably priced it was,I thought they were just being sound for once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back