Hot rails pick ups (1 Viewer)

Kermit McDermott

Do they really sound the same as a standard Humbucker?
p2445.jpg

I have them in my strat,they were there when I got it. I like how it sounds,good bit of thump to it,but it sounds really different to my other guitars.

(other differences would be set necks,and rosewood fingerboards,so it's hard to tell really)

I got a cheapo chinese hotrail this week.20 notes.I'm gonna stick it in my rebuilt strat(gonna refret it this week).

I think they're a great option for gigging with a strat if you stick it in the bridge position.You kinda get the stratty tone without the ridiculous noise.

Leo Fender..for all his genius..did not predict the use of medium - high gain such as we have in modern pop rock

theres always one useless ignore pickup in a strat thats worth replacing. i use 1 and half tops.
Usually the bridge.I've yet to come across one thats usable..at high or low gain.

I think on the top end strats they have a particular cap on the tone pot that makes them deadly.But any I'e heard on Squiers are ghastly.

But..isnt that deadly..cos that is EXACTLY where you would want a humbucker.Its all win

the problem with most strats is they are wired with the tone pots for the neck and middle, it's fuck all use on the middle- it should be rewired to the bridge to take the "chisel to the earness" away

(providing your not in a rapeman covers band)

I have a seymour duncan (custom, I think) humbucker in the bridge of my strat. Ever though I changed the pick up, I still think the strat is the most perfectly designed electric guitar there is. For versatility and playability it's hard to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back