L'Interior
Spirits of the Dead
The Tenant
Rosemary's Baby
Ganja & Hess
The Ward
The Legend of Hell House
Thirst

Thanks Bernie, watched Season 1 of American Horror Story and really liked it. Don't know why I didn't check out the 2nd one. will do.

I have a Field in England recorded. Think I'll watch it tomorrow night

I thought the second season of American Horror Story was terrible. It started off good but tried to go in too many directions at once.

Fuck that aliens plot, that was so poorly done. The possessed nun was so much more interesting and it was just done away with.

horror/suspense films, new and old, i've enjoyed recently include

A Field in England
Stoker
The Vanishing
Basket Case
The Stuff
The Devil Rides Out
Who Can Kill a Child
Blood & Black Lace
Grabbers
Time After Time
Blood on Satan's Claw
The Devil Rides Out
L'Interior
Spirits of the Dead
The Tenant
Rosemary's Baby
Ganja & Hess
The Ward
The Legend of Hell House
Thirst

I watched three of these recently and, yeah, great stuff.

Onibaba. Beautifully eerie and atmospheric Japanese horror film from the 60s, to which Hideo Nakata's Ringu owes a huge debt

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah Maniac was pretty good. The POV style was a neat trick. Pretty nasty in places. I felt the score was just lifted from Drive though.

The Drive soundtrack is heavily indebted to early 80s synth soundtracks. I think Maniac is referencing those soundtracks rather than lifting it from a film from 2 years ago

tis a great soundtrack. pity the vinyl comes in a fucking piece of shit picture disc though.

only watched movie last night, that hack to the achilles tendon was the nastiest bit. original worth a watch?

tis a great soundtrack. pity the vinyl comes in a fucking piece of shit picture disc though.

only watched movie last night, that hack to the achilles tendon was the nastiest bit. original worth a watch?

It's worth a look if you're interested in that era of film. Pretty solid video nasty but there's way better.

The soundtrack came out on blood splattered silver and blood splattered skin colour too. That label Death Waltz is amazing.

It's worth a look if you're interested in that era of film. Pretty solid video nasty but there's way better.

The soundtrack came out on blood splattered silver and blood splattered skin colour too. That label Death Waltz is amazing.

i like the idea of the blood splattered skin.
mine is just a picture of mannequin head on one side and hands on the other
yeah, picked up death waltz release of The Fog last month. Really great packaging. nice vinyl too. generally not a fan of coloured/gimmick vinyl though

1.jpg

i like the idea of the blood splattered skin.
mine is just a picture of mannequin head on one side and hands on the other
yeah, picked up death waltz release of The Fog last month. Really great packaging. nice vinyl too. generally not a fan of coloured/gimmick vinyl though

1.jpg

Yeah, I got a copy of that too. It's my favourite Carpenter soundtrack.
The detail and clear love of the source that went into that record is amazing. It's a piece of art

for geordies,

this looks pretty cool

https://www.facebook.com/events/663912193638076/

and for those not on fb....
Bringing together rare film screenings of key works from
the golden age of UK horror, with an exclusive line up of musicians/bands influenced by them, Unearthing Forgotten Horrors is a celebration of horror in music and film.

Presenting North East (and English) premieres by outsider artists who operate on the occult fringes of the musical underground, Unearthing Forgotten Horrors, draws together a very special bill of eerie drones, psychedelic noise, and classic horror films rarely screened in cinemas featuring:

Black Mountain Transmitter
At an impressionable age Northern Irish musician and visual artist James R. Moore was drawn to a diet of late night TV horror double bills, VHS video nasties with pulsating electronic soundtracks and the Weird Fiction of H P Lovecraft. These influences now pervade the eerie sound world of Black Mountain Transmitter, most notably on cult releases "Black Goat Of The Woods" (2009) and "Playing With Dead Things" (2012), the first two instalments of a loosely themed 'Trilogy of Terror'.

Black Mountain Transmitter albums have been released by US label Auris Apothecary (aurisapothecary.org), Aurora Borealis (aurora-b.com) and Moore's own Lysergic Earwax ( www.lysergicearwax.bandcamp.com ).

Unearthing Forgotten Horrors marks the first live performance of Black Mountain Transmitter in England (and indeed outside the island of Ireland).

English Heretic
English Heretic is a creative occult organisation dedicated to the reification of malefic energy spectres and the adumbration of a modern qliphoth. In operation since 2003 English Heretic has ploughed the topsoil of horror film locations to reveal a delirious substrata of mythic truths. They have reported back their findings through numerous CDs, books, talks and performances of ritual electronics.
https://www.facebook.com/EnglishHereticOfficialOrgan

Culver
Lovers of drone and brain frying noise should need no introduction to Lee Stokoe's prolific Culver project. A member of Skullflower, Inseminoid and Indian Lady, Culver's sound perfects pitch black, tar-thick drones and crushingly heavy soundscapes which are genuinely sinister.

Through many releases, often micro-editions on seriously cool labels, a consistently macabre approach is applied sound and visuals across a mind-boggling body of atmospheric and horror obsessed work.

Psychogeograpical Commission
The Psychogeographical Commission was formed at the start of 2008 to explore the many interfaces between the built environment and the people who inhabit it through d←rive, magick and sonic experimentation. http://psychcomm.bandcamp.com/

The Dead End Street Band
Drawing influence from the experimental scores to Jon Pertwee era Doctor Who, thirty year old horror soundtracks and with massive splurges of psychedelic noise, The Dead End Street Band pull no punches delivering their scum noise dirge. Fixated on the sleazier end of 70's horror cinema, this elusive three-piece rumble through some genuinely nightmarish soundscapes and hellish synth drones.

Several handmade editions on their own imprints and on Indiana's Occult Supremacy label have seen the band develop from home-made electronica through to pitch black, ultra morbid soundtracks from non-existent scuzzfests found in the darker recesses of underground cinema.
www.facebook.com/scumelectronics

Joseph Curwen
Joseph Curwen makes HP Lovecraft inspired ambient evil drone, based on that weird bit between life and death the day after a big party. All digital noise intended.
https://www.facebook.com/JosephCurwenDrone
http://josephcurwen.bandcamp.com/

Unearthing Forgotten Horrors will feature a rare cinema screening of classic English horror film Blood on Satan's Claw, and details of further film programming will be announced shortly.

Saturday 9 November from 4.00pm at The Star and Shadow Cinema, Stepney Bank, Newcastle upon Tyne.

Tickets: £9.00 in advance from We Got Tickets: http://www.wegottickets.com/event/230122

The first 50 tickets include an exclusive handmade CDr mixed by Melmoth the Wanderer, featuring all of the artists on the Unearthing Forgotten Horrors bill.

Last edited:
I saw the ad for The Conjuring last night and just assumed it was another on-the-bandwagon Paranormal Insidious Sinister Mama film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back