Hopeworld Thread (2 Viewers)

If they had the tech 100% market ready in the morning with a replacement fuel pump at every station in the western world, it'd still be for a propulsion method that is 60-80% heat losses, that requires shipping and pumping and what not and much more complex vehicles just to get a decent fuel return.
In comparison the electrical grid/solar is less heat losses and infrastructure that also has other uses than transport, but in transport is only about 30/40% heat losses.

TLDR it's bad money after bad in efficiencies.
My comment was referring to your post here ☝️

If the artificial-leaves thing (or any of the other similar technologies that are being researched) can create syngas from sunlight at scale without creating harmful waste, then it doesn't matter that internal combustion engines are inefficient. There's no shortage of sunlight

My comment was referring to your post here ☝️

If the artificial-leaves thing (or any of the other similar technologies that are being researched) can create syngas from sunlight at scale without creating harmful waste, then it doesn't matter that internal combustion engines are inefficient. There's no shortage of sunlight

You have to always assume that when i respond to anythign like this I've read about it and done envelope maths before responding.

Internal combustion engines will always:

still require signigicantly more manufacturing carbons and parts
still require more hydrocarbon lubricants
still be so inneficient that in all reality, a combustion engine is a heater that has a motion byproduct (50% efficiency is a motor industry dream)

Things that you put on surfaces to make electricity:

Solar panels - can be on existing industrial structures -can be deployed in existing areas where shade will not effect the ecosystem

Things that go on ponds that make a combustable fuel are:

At an infant level of development
at scale can not be deployed like solar panels can unless pond life must either fuck off and die or learn to live without sunlight unless we make synthetic ponds to put the synthetic leaves on to make combustable fuel.

France has brought in legislation to stop discrimination on the grounds of hairstyle. The bill was introduced by an MP from Guadeloupe.
Even us baldies get a mention!

Now stop discriminating against woman who wear the Hajib.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back