Home improvement (1 Viewer)

Loads of heat 24/7
It dissipates the heat over a long period.
It's the same principle as a storage heater but that doesn't wan it works exactly like one

Have you a link to any info about these - sounds like it would suit UTM's place but i couldn't find them on google.

Energy audit update:

The smart plug i have (BG home i think) is 1.5w (13€ a year)
The dumb timer plug I have is closer to 1w (9€ a year)

It's only 4€, but also it is 4€.

There are 4 things in the house that are on timers / smartplug.

More of this thrilling information as it happens.
1W is 8.8kWh per year; are you being charged €1 per kWh?

Have you a link to any info about these - sounds like it would suit UTM's place but i couldn't find them on google.
There's three on the uk market as far as I know;

And I think this might just be hot water 🤷

1W is 8.8kWh per year; are you being charged €1 per kWh?

Yup thanks you spotted a mistake in my copypaste/columns!

The difference is 1.60 per year per timer/smartplug. I was just running the check to see if I get more is there any point in getting smart plugs or not. For this application, it's a lower case nope.

The GAMI who was doing the floors made the tiles very unlevel -i called him up on it because it's toe cutting stuff going on there.

He then went to explain to me that the old tiles were unlevel and the his new ones are perfect.
He brought out his massive spirit level and then quietly had to place it twenty times and finally move on to 'well i can come back to level them tomorrow morning'.

I did the old tiles.

father-ted.gif
father-ted.gif
father-ted.gif
father-ted.gif
father-ted.gif
father-ted.gif
father-ted.gif
father-ted.gif
father-ted.gif
father-ted.gif

There's three on the uk market as far as I know;

And I think this might just be hot water 🤷
Well now that's very interesting, very interesting indeed.

So what's the deal, why does everyone not have one? Wouldn't mind getting off the oil boiler here at some point, maybe if we get solar panels it could be a good thing.

The GAMI who was doing the floors made the tiles very unlevel -i called him up on it because it's toe cutting stuff going on there.

He then went to explain to me that the old tiles were unlevel and the his new ones are perfect.
He brought out his massive spirit level and then quietly had to place it twenty times and finally move on to 'well i can come back to level them tomorrow morning'.

I did the old tiles.

father-ted.gif
father-ted.gif
father-ted.gif
father-ted.gif
father-ted.gif
father-ted.gif
father-ted.gif
father-ted.gif
father-ted.gif
father-ted.gif
How will he level the tiles? Be interesting to see that

How will he level the tiles? Be interesting to see that

My impression of what went wrong is that he started the work first and the planning didn't really kick in till he was in pretty deep.

I genuinely think there is an air gap under this, it's flush with the white ones at the other end of the kitchen.

It's a bit of a WTF to leave in someones house in all fairness.

IMG_20230122_170055 (1).jpg

My impression of what went wrong is that he started the work first and the planning didn't really kick in till he was in pretty deep.

I genuinely think there is an air gap under this, it's flush with the white ones at the other end of the kitchen.

It's a bit of a WTF to leave in someones house in all fairness.

View attachment 16627

Fucking hell

I made a wee spreadsheet that calculates how much money electric things i own are using at different times of the day. more of a minor pleasures post.

I'm never using an electric shower again.

Been picking through the vampiric load devices of late.

A surprise, at almost 0.5w is my old microwave that has an analog front end. It's less than 2eu a year but its still a pretty mad load for something that is doing absolutely nothing for almost 24 hours a day.

Been picking through the vampiric load devices of late.

A surprise, at almost 0.5w is my old microwave that has an analog front end. It's less than 2eu a year but its still a pretty mad load for something that is doing absolutely nothing for almost 24 hours a day.

Tumble dryer. Keeps two little lights on for no reason at a rate of 0.6w.

I’m not a very handy guy but very pleased with the work I’ve been doing at home. New door handles and locks in most of the internal doors, a bunch of new light fittings, some vent covers, and trying to build a bench that will cover a stupid slope in the middle of an upstairs room that’s above the stairs. Slow going but rewarding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back