Home improvement (3 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the comments are gas

It's actually not a bad project

But the vibe is a bit Benny Bennassi

Music Video Satisfaction GIF by Ultra Records

serious note - if anyone has any sheetrock or similar drywall jointing compound I'd appreciate a yogurt/cheese sized tub of it. Mixed with a bit of paint its great for grainfilling. I was using some fine surface filler but it didnt bind in the pores as well. Having bought some proper grainfiller there recently I've realised how poor the fine surface filler was relative to comercial grainfiller or the homebrew stuff I made with sheetrock

I'd set the fucking spiders on them the haterz.

Looking at that video the first thing I though was 'she has great equipment' - meaning her actual shed and er tools.
Really nice drill press

But you know the videos are all gonna be lads telling/'advising' her how to do things better like that will impress her

She must have used some debonder on those forms cos I've seen most lads fuck that up, and the melamine sticking to the epoxy for dear life

Really enjoying this slow as fuck process in the bathroom
Taking my time with it
Still learning (making mistakes) but it's coming together

I am convinced it will look good
To me anyways

Attachments

• PXL_20220709_153858555.jpg
    PXL_20220709_153858555.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20220709_155354335.jpg
    PXL_20220709_155354335.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20220709_155825553.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220709_155825553.MP.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20220709_160332077.jpg
    PXL_20220709_160332077.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20220709_171058319.jpg
    PXL_20220709_171058319.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20220709_192938967.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220709_192938967.MP.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20220709_194840669.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20220709_194840669.NIGHT.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20220709_211947826.jpg
    PXL_20220709_211947826.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20220709_221728441.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220709_221728441.MP.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 6
So I'm thinking about short term fixes to get through winter here - our place is gas fired heating and on political grounds alone UTM is already saying 'shir we just wont heat the house this winter'.*

*this means he'll have an electric blow heater at his knee for 4 months and i'll come home to an icebox every day.

Best case scenario for the place would be both types of solar with an air to water system as it's an default bungalow with near perfect southern aspect.

however money isn't gonna allow this this year.

Short term i was thinking of putting 2-3 electric heaters on timer and thermostat across the place.

This is insanity isn't it?

So I'm thinking about short term fixes to get through winter here - our place is gas fired heating and on political grounds alone UTM is already saying 'shir we just wont heat the house this winter'.*
What is UTM?
Best case scenario for the place would be both types of solar with an air to water system as it's an default bungalow with near perfect southern aspect.

however money isn't gonna allow this this year.
What do you reckon a system like this would cost?

I mean, I'd be politically fine with using gas til you transition. But everyone's gonna have a different take on that.

I usually only heat the room I am in during the winter. I don't see the point of heating the whole house for just one person.

Short term i was thinking of putting 2-3 electric heaters on timer and thermostat across the place.
Re choice of electric heater, in case you haven't already considered it, the nicest heat is from the oil filled - there's no smell or dryness or noise like there can be with the ones with the element. They're also pretty efficient if you're timing them on for long enough to come up to full heat, they'll stay banging out the heat for a long time after they're switched off. Also pretty safe unsupervised, if you're looking at timing them on twice a day to keep an empty room in good condition.

For very quickly heating up a human, the halogen heaters are very light on power to run. And available super cheap. They won't do much for your house though.

I don't know what the power ask is like from a dehumidifier, but it might be worth it.

What do you reckon a system like this would cost?
IDK what 'both types of solar' or 'air to water' mean but I was recently talking about photovoltaics to someone who did a self-install (well, not self-self, electrician and roofer involved) and all the equipment for 6 panels I think cost a little over 2k (could be 3k these days?). The electrician and roofer were something like €350 each for the day. That's half what a company are quoting me.

Plus his is better because he put a microinverter on every panel so if one goes out the others continue to work. Mine would be in a string with one inverter, so if there's a problem with one there'll be no electricity.

Re choice of electric heater, in case you haven't already considered it, the nicest heat is from the oil filled - there's no smell or dryness or noise like there can be with the ones with the element. They're also pretty efficient if you're timing them on for long enough to come up to full heat, they'll stay banging out the heat for a long time after they're switched off. Also pretty safe unsupervised, if you're looking at timing them on twice a day to keep an empty room in good condition.

For very quickly heating up a human, the halogen heaters are very light on power to run. And available super cheap. They won't do much for your house though.

I don't know what the power ask is like from a dehumidifier, but it might be worth it.

+1 on the oil filled

IDK what 'both types of solar' or 'air to water' mean but I was recently talking about photovoltaics to someone who did a self-install (well, not self-self, electrician and roofer involved) and all the equipment for 6 panels I think cost a little over 2k (could be 3k these days?). The electrician and roofer were something like €350 each for the day. That's half what a company are quoting me.

Plus his is better because he put a microinverter on every panel so if one goes out the others continue to work. Mine would be in a string with one inverter, so if there's a problem with one there'll be no electricity.
This sounds not only understandable technically, but very doable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back